Sign in to follow this  
Hayday91No2

Fell over and died..

Time: 12:24 UTC/22:24 AEST - 27/07/2012

What Happened: I fell over and died, lost M107/Bizon/Almost full toolbelt/Supplies

Where You Were: NWAF, inside a hangar.

What You Were Doing: Bending over to pick up some loot.

Installed Version: Latest as per Six Updater/Steam.

Server: SG1

System Specs: GTX570 1.5gb - 3ghz i7 - 8gb ram.

I was running around on a very low pop night time server, just looting buildings and trying to find boars for food as I only had 9kish blood.

Player ID: 23109638

• Like 1

I had the exact same thing happen to me as well. I was in the highest part of a Fire Station building picking up some loot then for no reason my characters falls down with broken bones and dies.

I'm running the latest version.

Some New Zealand server (26 I think,)

I also have this problem, except I didn't die... Every time I join a server I fall over unconscious and I don't bleed out. So I can't die and respawn. My character ID is 61379270 if you can reset it please!

I also have this problem, except I didn't die... Every time I join a server I fall over unconscious and I don't bleed out. So I can't die and respawn. My character ID is 61379270 if you can reset it please!

You have to wait for the unconsciousness symbole disappears before logging out or you will be unconscious on the next server too...

Twice I was in cherno in the apartments running up the stairs and my character would just die from 12000 blood, wasn't shot or anything.

Please give our survivors pacemakers.

This happens normally when you log out when in shock then when your character spawns in to a server the shock turns into you being unconscious for quite a long time, as for falling over dying especially with having broken bones theres a bug where travelling over uneven surfaces and passing very close to trees etc can cause your character to break bones and even die, but it quite possible someone had an AS50 ranged in on you and killed you one shot and because the AS50 is so quite from long range you wouldn't of heard it. It could also be a hacker killing you through script commands but we can not be sure on that but is a possibility.

EDIT: Also I've seen quite a few of your saying you were travelling up stairs when you suddenly died so its most probable that the stairs are bugged like uneven surfaces bug and acts in the same way.

Hope I helped,

CRUSADER

Edited by CRUSADER_111

this happened to me, running through a forest somewhere near berezino, only it said everyone else in the server had died too

this happened to me, running through a forest somewhere near berezino, only it said everyone else in the server had died too

That means the server got hacked and the hacker killed everyone.

CRUSADER

I was on a server with a hacker, I don't know if this was a glitch or the hacker, it was actually pretty funny. I started walking and I lost 1k blood and fell down for 5 seconds. No gunshots, so I was like WTF lol. Got back up, went into the hospital, two minutes later, I get slapped for 3k damage and break my bones, no gunshots. It was great. Then my friend got teleported to the thunderdome. Great day.

This is actually a pretty common problem, completely unrelated to odd surfaces/trees/doors/stairs arbitrarily murdering you (which, for the record, is a problem stemming from Rocket's shoddy ass impact system - a function never placed in ArmA II and, clearly, for a very good reason). Just about anybody that's played this game can list off one instance where they were wandering about, possible in a high population area, maybe alone in a server in the middle of the woods, where they have literally just fallen right the fuck over and died. For no reason. At all.

It's really strange.

ya never though there was someone who shot you?

you dont hear the gun every time if they shoot with silencer or sniper from really far away

Date/Time: 8/10/12

What happened: Hit v to step up to green doored building at gas station west of churno, steped down (less than a foot drop) died

Where you were: gas station west of churno

What you were doing: see above

*Current installed version: current as of sigma and steam updated to weekend hot fix

*Server(s) you were on: 108.60.128.222:2302

*Your system specs: n/a

*Timeline of events before/after error: see above

Date/Time 8/11/12, around 6:00 MST

What happened: Was in the medic tents in Cherno, leaned over to pick up loot, fell over unconscious with broken bones, massive blood loss, bled out before I woke up.

Where you were: The small medic tent just to the north of the medic tents

What you were doing: See above

Current installed version: 1.7.2.4 for dayz, 95417 on Arma

Server I was on: 216.244.87.170:2342

If you really need my system specs for this, I'll give them.

Went back to my body, it was a blank body. No way it could have been a player as the enterance was right next to a building wall. And I don't think it was an explosive because I had been in that same tent to kill a zombie, just forgotten to loot it, so I went back.

i didnt walk and die. i spawned dead o.O middle of nowhere outside kamenka. (after first getting glitched spawn since i logged out in cherno) so first of all im respawned at coast (with all my gear) and 2 sec after i see my wep i insta die, no gunshot or other players on the server so i lost my m14 with ammo, a full backpack of supplies (food,water,all types of medic items, handgun(revolver with .45 ammo) and ofc all the utillity stuff such as map,compass etc. second time this happens to me and i really dont like hunting for new after player caused death but random deaths, when did rocket add that into the scripts? oh well ill start over again i assume, just getting mighty tired of that part. and im not alone getting this, i know of atleast 8 others who has been insta kill at logg in without reason for death. 3 on the same server and the rest on other servers. i assume this goes as bug? so thats my bug report. (plz make sure the retail version dont do this to us since id hate to pay to randomly die when ever i survive more then one day with my character.)

Happened to me today. Was inside the supermarket with 11k+ blood and there was barely any (4) other players on the server. I was crouching behind the shelves, looting a zombie when I just drop dead. I just thought "Meh, another hacker attack", but I was the only one who died. There was no gunshot whatsoever, no shock/broken bones debuff.

Using the template to clarify.

Date/Time: 27.8.2012

What happened: I just dropped dead from near full blood, no gunshot, no debuffs. I wasn't even moving.

Where you were: Zelenogorsk supermarket

What you were doing: Looting a zombie behind a shelf. In cover from the windows.

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.5

*Server(s) you were on: Norway 41

*Your system specs: N/A

*Timeline of events before/after error: Look up.

EDIT: After respawning and running to retrieve my items, nothing was missing. Using the "Study Body" feature it says I died from an unknown cause.

Edited by Ignite