bosco72

Fake or idiots or both?

I saw two players ERPing outside of Cherno this other day. One was wearing a female skin and the other one a male and they were using direct text chat. I was pretty amused by it.

Nothing in this game surprises me anymore. Gladiators fight to the death for a NVG? Sounds fun to me.

not a game, its a mod

Funny vid, great idea, stupid OP.

Btw no one was 'forced' to do anything.

Its a game. All games can be shut off at any point.

Der.

yes der! amazing comment!

Pitting people against each other with hatchets and betting meat on the outcome is the GREATEST IDEA EVER. Good on them too, letting the winner go with a pair of NVGs. Those dudes are bad ass.

really?

funny how some people think it must be fake because "nobody would be that stupid". I'd go for that ride. So what if I lost my gear? There's so much potential for having fun in that scenario.. And we're talking about a GAME.

why would you disconnect when you find out it's a trap if you think the situation is fun? You can clearly hear the guy laughing out loud when the others "roleplay" in the bus and when it turns out to be something else instead.

i get that but, your missing the point of my post

Pitting people against each other with hatchets and betting meat on the outcome is the GREATEST IDEA EVER. Good on them too, letting the winner go with a pair of NVGs. Those dudes are bad ass.

its fake?

OP could you please explain why this video is bad, and what harm it does. I'm expecting a logical and thoughtful response, not some one liner or some gibberish. I mean if players are really roleplaying why say they shouldn't?

Edited by Orthus

well maybe the players thought it was funny so they stayed since it wasn't like they were just getting shot at. and if they did D/C they could get in trouble for abusing the system.

its my understanding that you only get busted for repeated d/c?

OP could you please explain why this video is bad, and what harm it does. I'm expecting a logical and thoughtful response, not some one liner or some gibberish. I mean if players are really roleplaying why say they shouldn't?

i agree, but watch and think of the bigger picture. watch this space!

The OP is a complete twat...

lol bad post, i will report you for abuse!

its my understanding that you only get busted for repeated d/c?

However admins have been punishing those caught D/Cing to avoid death

i agree, but watch and think of the bigger picture. watch this space!

not sure what you mean by "watch this space".

Not at all, it doesn't matter how you look at this. These actions will get ths mod and any chance of a stand alone banned in loads of country's!

How the hell can a MOD, not a game, a MOD be banned?

How the hell can a MOD, not a game, a MOD be banned?

When they try to make it stand alone, simple.

However admins have been punishing those caught D/Cing to avoid death

not sure what you mean by "watch this space".

See how things unfold for day z, I'm sure at some point because of idiots making fake videos like this it will attract negative attention in the wrong places and for some countrys that could mean a ban.

So what? Even if it is faked, the effort to do this whole thing is still incredibly high.

What makes you think that it's faked anyway?

But I don't even think that you're serious anymore... you're just trolling us, right?

Once again, what makes you think it is fake?

They picked up new respawned players from the coast. Therefore they had not much to lose besides maybe some low-tier weapons which you can find nearly everywhere on the coast.

Some of them might be so freshly spawned that they didn't even had a weapon anyway.

That is called roleplay. People do that to have fun, you know? And if you watch the video closely you'll see, that the "victim" didn't believed what he heard cause he was laughing about the speech all the time. BUT he was entertained enough by these players to stay in the bus, dropped his weapons and play their little game. Cause it was entertaining!

Do you really think that all this happened during their very first try? I bet dozens of players just alt+F4'ed and they had to repeat and search "victims" over and over again until they finally found some, who don't disconnect. But of course they just uploaded the video where everything went for their favor and not the other ones with the disconnecters.

And as I already said, those two players didn't disconnected because they had no equipment to lose and they where entertained enough to stay.

Roleplaying.

Idiots!

Bosco, I want examples of video games that have been banned for this kind of player interaction. No politician is going to waste his time with this crap, they're too busy being lobbied by oil companies.

(The sad thing is, I think he's serious.)

Funny vid, great idea, stupid OP.

Btw no one was 'forced' to do anything.

Its a game. All games can be shut off at any point.

Der.

this ! awesome vid

Bosco, I want examples of video games that have been banned for this kind of player interaction. No politician is going to waste his time with this crap, they're too busy being lobbied by oil companies.

(The sad thing is, I think he's serious.)

If you check some comments earlier there is a link to a list of games that have been banned in some country's for a lot less, but I'm sure dominant places like the U.S and the U.K have nothing to worry about.

And to a point I'm not serious about this whole thing, my main point is that I thought that the clip of this mod was a shameful fake. But unfortunately I have seemed to have angered a lot of day z sycophants that can't seem to see the trees through the debug forrest!

Could be genuine role play, could be weirdos and idiots.

It will get banned in some country's I have no doubt about that (when it comes out as a stand alone) but which country's who knows what the hell some governing bodies think?

Idiots!

I wanted to say that you have made some relevant comments. Idiots may be a bit strong, as it could be all of the above. It seems to go against the grain when you point at anything negative about ths mod.

Ansolutely loved this video!

It's stuff like this that makes DayZ so unique to other games :P

When it's genuine, yes I would agree.