Sign in to follow this  
 EO

Ingame Dayz Diary

Just listened to Rocket's interview with Sidestrafe and thought on an idea for some sort of diary mechanic where you could document your survival. The diary could be kept in your backpack, taken out when required to write down some random events or your feelings at any given moment. I also think that if you were to be killed or die through illness, starvation, thirst etc, your personal diary could be found on your body by other survivors, this would leave some legacy for your time in the game world.

• Like 4

I'm sure a mechanic like this could be implemented, it could draw on elements from Celery's "Chernarus Apocalypse" mod. In the map menu of said mod you can read a letter which is in your inventory intended for your nearest and dearest in the event of your untimely death. Some of the best movies have been made on the strength of a fallen hero's Journal.

Yeah, and people could really role play this and make their killers, or perhaps finders start caring for their story :)

Brilliant Idea. Was actually thinking of starting a blog or something documenting my character's survival ingame. Implemented, this could be awesome for immersion!!!

I would make myself a madman one life, maybe even a guy with a fetish for zombies, going into deep details in these things would be hilarious xD.