Sign in to follow this  
liukang168

Server performance (arma2.cfg)

Hi,

would like to know what settings are best for the arma2.cfg.

Our dedicated server has these specs:

I7 975@3.3ghz

12gb ram

100mbit 1:1 up and down average 90 mbit.

Thank you in advance.

- admin sgt. liu from DE 635 - Ny7/8

I got a good copy and paste from Mojo here:

Here's mine' date=' I will comment the lines so you can understand it better and copy and paste whatever you like into your own:

MinBandwidth=15000000; //The minimum bandwidth the game considers as available, in bps

MaxBandwidth=100000000; //As above, the maximum bandwidth the game considers itself as having access to, or can never have access to more than, in bps

MaxMsgSend=1024; //The maximum size of any single collection of information the game can send to clients in a single server update frame

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024; //As above, but for guaranteed packets (one-off events, such as firing a weapon, where the weapon absolutely must fire, and must do so along a set trajectory)

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64; //As above, but for repetitive events (unit movement, where smaller increments allow client-side prediction and future messages to error correct for better bandwidth usage)

MinErrorToSend=0.0024999999; //See below

MinErrorToSendNear=0.0099999998; //The frequency with which the server will try to update clients. The "error" in this case is the difference between where units actually are and where they are perceived as based on previous server frames. To conceptualize this, if the client were to receive a previous packet that placed a unit at position zero, and the server calculated the unit as moving 10 feet from position zero, those ten feet are the "error". The MinError is the minimum that error must be before the server considers an update on that information absolutely necessary. LOWER values increase unit movement smoothness and prevents warping, but increases overhead usage and can decrease server update frames per second.

MaxCustomFileSize=0; //The total size, in bytes, a client's custom file can be to be allowed to connect to the server, which are then passed from the server to the other clients connected to it. These are mostly used for custom faces and custom .ogg sound files. Does not include the Squad Logo as defined by a player's Squad.XML (which is hosted externally).

Windowed=0; //Irrelevant, the instance will run in a window regardless.

language="English"; //The language pack the instance reports in.

adapter=-1; //The display adapter to use, if multiple are present. -1 is default adapter. Not relevant, since no 3D processing occurs on the server.

3D_Performance=1000000; //Again irrelevant, but people have reported better performance by setting this to an absurdly high number.

Resolution_Bpp=8; //Also irrelevant, since there's no bit depth to the server instance. I set it to 8 because why not?

class sockets

{

maxPacketSize=1400;

}; //Dictates the absolute maximum consolidated packet size that can be sent out over the network. Setting the least significant bit to anything other than zero seems to cause it to freak out a little.[/quote']

Hopefully that may help you understand.

Edited by Alfie
  • Like 1