Sign in to follow this  
discombobulated

Using Skype, and losing in game sound

Ok, so yesterday I finally teamed up with someone, had a blast, but while he used skype to talk to me (I am currently getting a mic, so I was using in game text chat) I could not hear any in game sounds at all, no footsteps, Zed noises, anything at all. I was wondering if it is a setting I need to change to be able to hear both what my friends say to me on skype, and what is happening in the game itself. If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated.

P.S. Sorry if there is already a post about this, I tried to use the search function to find a topic, and found nothing.

Auto attentuation type feature. Check your volume mixer after you're in the call with skype.

This is a W7 issue.

Go to the speaker in your right.

Right click on it, and choose: Sounds.

Than go to Communication.

Than choose the option: Do nothing.

• Like 2

Type 'Sound' into the start-bar search and open it. Go to the communications tab and select 'Do nothing.'

Wow, thanks for the swift response guys, I was willing to watch this site all day while at work till I got a response. Now I just need to wait till I can get home to try this out, haha.

Thanks again for the advice, unfortunately, after changing the settings, I still seem to be suffering from the same problem, I have looked on both skype settings, and ingame settings, but there doesn't seem to be any reason why I shouldn't be able to hear it.

I don't know if you run the game through steam but me and the buddies use the voice chat in that even for decent size groups on occasion.

I ws having this problem up until now thanks!

Thanks again for the advice, unfortunately, after changing the settings, I still seem to be suffering from the same problem, I have looked on both skype settings, and ingame settings, but there doesn't seem to be any reason why I shouldn't be able to hear it.

Try getting in a skype call before you open up the game. It usually only happens when you're already ingame and you pick up a phone call. The option "Do Nothing" should work with this, try rebooting your PC.

Right click speakers in the windows right bottom corner, click open Volume Mixer and drag the sound of Arma2 back up, whenever skype sees a game it drops the volume on it.