Sign in to follow this  
UKJim

Well that sucked!

I managed to go quite a while hunting and getting water from the lakes for a few days; I even went up to the NW airfield and looted some stuff up there without getting killed.

I wanted to checkout one of the smaller airfields near black mountain and ended up getting shot on site. This was a joke because there were 4 guys that were shooting at me and I was on my own.

I think this game is great - I for one understand the PvP content but sometimes when you have worked so hard to gather tools and equipment just to get shot by 4 players for no reason at all it becomes an irritant.

I know that there are mixed views for PvP and whether it should be part of the game etc - so why not have the option? Why not have some servers with PvP and other without? Also likewise day and night cycles - have dedicated day servers?

I know this would make those servers easy - but in turn would become boring too - therefore people that join groups and are in good practice of the game will move on to the 'harder' servers and the noobs will practice on the easy servers

Just thought I would start this as a topic for discussion - lets not have some fan boys ruin it by arguing why we shouldnt have the choice.

Thanks all :)

Short answer.

Non-pvp servers would be used to farm the best gear..then be brought back to pvp servers to do nothing but kill. Playing field is fair now, outside of some bugs and exploits.

• Like 2

Think its discussed in few other threads. And the think you will hear is.

Your a Carebear :D

Think the game is layed out to let the Players do the choice of how there game should be... And if you like the saver Site of the game Stay away from Populatet Areas.

Its like the more Risk you get in the higher the reawrds are.

Short answer.

Non-pvp servers would be used to farm the best gear..then be brought back to pvp servers to do nothing but kill. Playing field is fair now, outside of some bugs and exploits.

Shorter fix.

Non-pvp characters are restricted to non-pvp, pvp characters are restricted to pvp.

• Like 1

Imo, Bandits are like Creepers in Minecraft. You hate em, but the game isn't the game without them.

• Like 6

I like the term Carebear lol - as the equipment is server based though you should not be able to farm the equipment and go to PvP servers.

Don't get me wrong it adds to the intensity of the game with PvP and I like it - but I think for new players and players that cannot be bothered with PvP it would be nice to have the option.

I think the main option I owuld like to see is the dedicated daytime servers - I play almost all the time late at night when my boy is in bed - so when I join a server it is bloody night time - this is rubbish because you cannot see the atmosphere so I play all the time in the dark. I would prefer to be in the day obviously :)

The PvP I could put up with but think it would be good to at least have the option.

Shorter fix.

Non-pvp characters are restricted to non-pvp, pvp characters are restricted to pvp.

I like this idea, one character to PVP one for PVE non-transferable.

But tbh I can never see that happening, I like PVP aspect but sometime's I would like to just run around a forest with a hatchet killing wildlife without getting shot in the eyeball :(

AJ

I like this idea, one character to PVP one for PVE non-transferable.

But tbh I can never see that happening, I like PVP aspect but sometime's I would like to just run around a forest with a hatchet killing wildlife without getting shot in the eyeball :(

AJ

To add they can simply up the fun of nonpvp by making a lot more zombies spawn on non-pvp maps and other deals like that. Pvp would be fine without such extras simply because of player killing.

To add they can simply up the fun of nonpvp by making a lot more zombies spawn on non-pvp maps and other deals like that. Pvp would be fine without such extras simply because of player killing.

No your talking - I read somewhere hear a player suggest swarms of zombies that would roam the map randomly (say 500+) in one place - this would make it interesting on a non-PvP server.

It would force players to actually cooperate.

My beef with the PvP that happened to me last night was the fact I did not know they were there and also I was in the middle of killing a cow. They shot me from a distance without even knowing my items or threat. All I know now tho is when I come across a player with a gun they are getting shot ;) - Unfortunately

Everyone dies you have to get over it. It does not take long to get your gear back. Also If you where shot there then you did not scout the area well enough. The NE airfield is a perfect spot for snipers so you should circle the area and check all the possible spots snipers can hide, especialy the hill on the east end of the field.

Yes it can suck dieing, but you have to get used to it or stop playing.

Everyone dies you have to get over it. It does not take long to get your gear back. Also If you where shot there then you did not scout the area well enough. The NE airfield is a perfect spot for snipers so you should circle the area and check all the possible spots snipers can hide, especialy the hill on the east end of the field.

Yes it can suck dieing, but you have to get used to it or stop playing.

Or have options to please every type of player

Basically dont play this game unless your willing to get killed for anything and hunting down other players is wot makes this game fun no AI in the world can make up for the human brain .

This is my view:

If there wasn't PvP, what would be the point of walking/prone through the woods, as if something may or may not kill you? Or a sniper waiting at the top of a mountain, just waiting. Walking into Cherno or Eletro with your boys, giving them time to get in position with a spotter flanker sniper rusher. It's the edge. If you died to a player and respawned with all your gear you saved up so hard for, the game wouldn't be the same in the aspect of carefulness. It would be a FPS where people would mindlessly run around without care b/c everything they earned would stay with them.

This is one of the best games I've played this decade and I hope they don't fuck it up.

Shorter fix.

Pretty much this. I don't want PvP to be removed from the game, but PvE only servers would definitely help new players to get into the game. If the hardcore PvP crowd is correct about PvE getting boring pretty quickly, the newbies would join the PvP servers soon anyway, so there's no reason to be afraid that PvP will die out, right?

Imagine if you make your first experiences in an environment where directly hurting other players isn't possible (or at least severely punished). People might actually learn to like the benefits of cooperation and make some friends. And then they might join the PvP servers as a survivor group - instead of getting into the "If I don't shoot first, I die" routine before even considering cooperation.

Of course this would raise the bar for griefers, as they'd have a harder time finding totally clueless victims, so I guess they gonna hate...

• Like 1

Short answer.

To be fair, that is currently being done by people hopping into low populated servers, getting the gear, then going to the more populated ones.

To be fair, that is currently being done by people hopping into low populated servers, getting the gear, then going to the more populated ones.

This is a very important point to consider, especially for those people who say "Don't care about fixing the zombie A.I./pathing so much, the endgame is PvP anyway". Because it shows that the PvP challenge can be circumvented even easier than any stupid A.I., which leaves the zombie A.I. as the last resort which keeps the game from becoming too easy.