Sign in to follow this  
CaptainPayne

Cannot get the game to start after reinstall

Hello guys!

I started playing this mod about two weeks ago. I was able to play the game without any big problems the first few days.

Maybe I should mention that I ALWAYS got the same error (some CA file requiring some other file), but I was not able to find a solution to that on google, and after all the game worked fine after simply clickink "OK" in the error window.

Then, after two or three days, I started getting a really weird and "game-breaking" (it became one at this point) glitch:

Every time I join a new server (usually it was the next day when I wanted to play again), all my equipment was gone (or I had a completely different one) and I spawned at the beach (or somewhere in the middle of nowhere, where I did not leave the game).

Even though I should not get too attached to my gear, it is really annoying to lose it that way. I don't have a problem to lose my stuff by getting killed by a player or a zombie, but this was just getting too annoying for me to handle.

So I googled and googled and found a topic that suggested reinstalling the game.

I installed Arma 2 Black Edition first and then started the game once (and left it in the main menu).

Then I installed Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, launched it, installed the newest patches (first 1.60 and then 1.62) and started it again.

After that I downloaded the Six Suite, downloaded DayZ, updated it and was hoping for it to finally work.

But instead, I got this when I want to join a server:

"Addon "CAMisc_fix' requires addon 'Utes'"

I thought "whatever" and just clicked "OK" in the error window (it always worked before, so I thought "why not this time?")

The game loads and instead of ending up in the game lobby (or whatever it is called), I actually find myself in the main menu with the following error:

"No entry 'bin/config.bin/cfgvehicles/citizen1.scope'"

And that's it...the game doesn't load (or rather: I cannot join the server since I end up in the main menu)....

I have no clue what to next, which is why you guys here are my last hope :/

Let me thank you in advance for reading that wall of text and for trying to help me!

Edited by CaptainPayne

Copy the folder Addons in your Arma2 folder to Arma2: OA folder.

Thats it.

I installed OA into my Arma 2 folder. I copied the addons folder to the expansion folder in my Arma 2 directory and still get the error.

Now I get a different loading screen and new errors!

Edited by CaptainPayne

hmz. to be honest, i had the same error and it helped me a lot in this case..

cba then :/

Thanks for the help, anyway :)

I reinstallied it AGAIN and now I do not get any error messages. I hope the equipment/spawn glitch is gone now, too.

If not, I will report back here.

Edit: I just joined a server and started somewhere completely different...Due to the glitch I described in the first post I spawned in Kamenka yesterday...now I spawned at the airstrip in the south-west with a hatchet and different values (blood, kills etc.)...

Edited by CaptainPayne

Sorry for the double post, but this is becoming really depressing:

It happened again! After logging out yesterday I tried to join a game today - and started with some random equipment (3 painkillers and a crossbow o.O) at Krutoy Cap instead of where I last was....

Any suggestions? This is really starting to get annoying. I know it's an alpha but it's weird that out of all my friends playing the game, I am actually the only one having this glitch.