wheatimus

Six Launcher and the odd man out

Ok. Firstly here's my specs:

Arma II/OA retail thru gamersgate.

Arma II/OA 1.62

DayZ 1.7.2.3

beta patch 95248 (I have down to 95208 and up to 95389 ready to install depending on the server I'm trying to join)

Six Launcher installed with Six Updater v2.9.7pre16setup and let itself update.

DayZ Commander is 0.9.0.48

I can play on about 5 servers via Dayz Commander launcher. But I'm trying to use Six Launcher or even the multiplayer in game server browser.

PC Specs:

AMD Phenom X II 6 Core processor.

ATI Radeon HD 5570 1gb graphics card.

8gb ram

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Here is my problem. Whenever I use six launcher or six updater or the in game server browser to try and join a server, it doesn't matter if it is half full, 1 person, or completely empty I always get stuck at the first "wait for host" blank screen.

YES! I AM UP TO DATE WITH EVERYTHING! Every time I try to join a server I make sure I am running the beta it says it is running. I even got around six launcher constant unwanted beta patch updating by letting it "verify" and update my files and then down patching before I launched the game thru six launcher. And yes I do have the box checked to NOT mess with my beta version.

I am up to date with everything, as I said, dayz commander launches fine for 4 or 5 servers, but I want to use six launcher to play with my clan. Dayz Commander doesn't have their server on the list for some reason, so I can't use it to join.

I can't use the in game server browser because it too does the same thing, hangs me at "wait for host" first blank screen forever. I have given every method ample time(minimum of 10-20 minutes each attempt, and I have tried severs from all over the world as well.)

Any one have any advice for me? Its not my router, I've triple checked and even used programs to make sure the correct ports are open. This has been going on since I started playing DayZ, around patch 95054 when I finally was able to get in a server with DayZ Commander. I just want to play with my clan, instead of solo all the damn time. Thanks in advance.

Edited by wheatimus

I'm having the same problem. I bought Arma2: CO yesterday via Steam, installed DayZ following all instructions and havent been able to play since then. I tried the whole evening, but didnt get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Don't know for definite but did you run the game at least once before dayz???

Yes i did, Arma 2 as well as Arma2:OA, both in normal mode and Administrator-mode. They run without problems.

Might work: When ever I have to update everytime I get to 'wait for host' I have to Alt back out to windows to then click ALLOW connection for my firewall. Try that see if it helps

(although I keep gettin kicked from the game when I get to the loading screen :( )

I definately did run it before I ran DayZ, I have reinstalled it to double check that it was done properly. My firewall/router isn't the issue.

As a workaround....can you filter out that server by IP?

Then get server info below and use remote connection, dont forget the port....

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Nope as I said in my original post, I can not use the multiplayer server browser to pull up servers, they either don't come up at all, or when they do, they stick me at "wait for host" just like six launcher does. I have also tried using the shorcut parameters connect=ip port=#### to no avail, just hangs at "wait for host" as well. I am currently reinstalling for the THIRD time to make sure that isn't the issue.

Ok this is getting stupid. I have reinstalled AGAIN and still have the same problem. I can't use six launcher OR the in game multiplayer server browser to join a game. Hell, the in game browser doesn't even load up servers anymore (it used too). I'm starting to get pissed because I can't find anyone to play with on the 3 fucking servers I have to choose from.

Finally got it to work. I had to whitelist the arma2oa.exe in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\ in my firewall. Had only whitelistet the normal .exe in ..\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ and my firewall didnt asked me again, maybe because they have the same name. Hope this helps, good luck! :-)