Sign in to follow this  
Wallz (DayZ)

So how many of you actually played ArmA 2?

I've noticed that ArmA 2 sales have been through the roof these past weeks ( gee wonder why) and it's got me thinking.

How many of you have actually played ArmA 2 in some capacity prior to Day Z ?

Personally, I've been playing since it was released and was involved in a tactical realism unit for it.. Which I think sort of puts me at an advantage against those new to the series, however I must say. Playing maps from a scavenging /survival aspect as opposed to a military operation is MUCH more intimate.||

Endnote: I wrote a brief post about Playing Day Z with no ArmA experience.

Feel free to check it out

http://dayztutorials.com/2012/07/mechanics-of-day-z/

Edited by Wallz

I played the tutorial missions and a couple of the other missions (the fun ones in the chopper :D) but that's it.

Been playing it since 2001

Been playing it since 2001

operation flashpoint - before the code masters cluster ? :P

Arma II, while a great game, lacks any fun for myself. The campaigns, which are bogged down with military lingo, are simply too over the top, in my opinion. While some may prefer it, I'd rather play a game mindlessly for fun. At other times, I go to Day Z to experience the required intelligence to play. I guess it's the MMO'er in me.

I bought Operation Flashpoint:CWR+GOTY when it was released(back then my comp barely ran it with minimum settings :D) I bought Arma when it was released in the past and really enjoyed Sahrani and the urban areas it had, made for some real awesome CQB fights.. I also played the first ever zombie mod made for arma in the past and it was ton of fun, but very demanding on the system. Since OFP I have sold my soul to milsim games and had to buy Arma II from steam when it was released, but never actually completed any of the campaings :P The AI was/is horrible so it made any attempt to playthrough unenjoyable.. I personally just make different scenarios with the editor and then play them through with my mates every now and then. Also were playing Finnish Defence Forces mod and relive our service times as a Finnish army recruits :D Recently I found the Bennys warfare edition and we have been playing it occasionally, having ton of fun.

i have played massive battles with my buddy's. some mod we dl that lets you build all kind of stuff. i remember one game i was rolling to a small village with a convoy of Humvees, a tank, Bradley, and marine amphibian vee and ran across like 100 or more resistance fighters. man it was nuts biggest firefight i was ever in. I coudnt pull the grenade launcher trigger fast enough. lost half my vees put decimated there force