Tricky-

Sleeping ingame on exit

I'm writing this suggestion specifically for DayZ standalone, mainly because right now your character's persistence in the world would be easy food for the hackers; basically when the standalone version comes out, we sleep where we lay after log out. This will kill combat logging etc..

Here are some examples I came up with the other night of how this will work:

You are a new player and decide you need to sleep, unfortunately you have no thermal clothing and slept during the night, when you log back in your character now might have pneumonia and could die if left untreated.

Now imagine you are running through the forest and stumble upon a cave, you go look inside only to find three players snoozing away, are you going to kill them or just loot them dry?

There are so many routes to go with this new dynamic; you log out with the mind set that you may not make it through the night. Something to think about, let me know thoughts.

--edited for clarity because I wrote this on a phone at 3AM--

Edited by Tricky-
  • Like 1

I think it would be cool, but it would ruin the game for most players. Think about a disconnected player, or a player who loses internet connection in the wrong situation. A factor not controlled within Day-Z or Arma or by the player.

There are other factors which would make this bad for players, but I won't get into them.

No, There are 691,312 people alive. This would cause MASS Hive lag as Zombies would be everywhere and if there was a hacker 1000 people would die because their dead body was still in the server. Some people would also Kill you and because there would be around 1000 bodies SLEEPING you wouldn't be able to do anything so when you go into elektro there would be so many bodies on the floor which would cause HIVE to crash.

I agree with PartyWaffle, there is a difference between a realistic game and a immersive (I know about the bad spelling) game. Plus, I think in the poll thread, the moderator said that every part of the map has been explored. It is a good concept in a way, but it seems more of a hassle towards the player.

Not everyone is a nolifer that can live inside this game.

I do not play this game everyday.

I have a real life too - so this idea sucks big time...

I like this idea.

The guy complaining that it would cause server lag: If a player logs off in the middle of someplace that spawns zombies they should die anyway. A body despawns in 45mins...so that whole zomg hive lag cuz everyone is dead on every server some how is out the window.

As to being too realistic...about fucking time something is.

The guy saying i have a life: So does everyone else we are all paying bills and working to get the money to pay those bills. So you dont log in for a few days, you should be dead anyway from lack of eating and drinking.

One of the best parts of this game is starting fresh. I think too many people here have forgotten the first rule of this game.

• Like 2

The more realism the better, this game should award players who have some sort knowledge on surviving without means of 3rd party help. The intensity of knowing that when i log back in during the morning i could have been killed or robbed would be a thrill.

Finding a tent city full of sleeping clan members then taking everything they have without killing them is much worse than just re-spawning on the coast. Having a camp site far north then logging in to find out you've been robbed of all your food and drinks would force players to live off the land.

For the people who can't play this game for prolonged periods, this addition would just make the game that much harder and not catering to the care bears of the gaming community. If you don't want a true challenge of a zombie survival then why not just go play other zombie games that cater towards the fun aspect rather than realism. People need to come to realize that DayZ is not your typical zombie game, and if this idea was added into the game it would turn off players, but who really likes care-bear kids anyways?

As for the "HACKERS" the OP stated that this would be for the stand alone copy, which we are all hopping that will punish those whom choose to cheat anyways, with that said what would be the real problem with this addition then? To Re-cap.. to realistic? then go back to your WoW care bear world. Not enough time and have a life? then play some thing else!

• Like 1

And like they were saying, it just means you sleep in a bush and hope next time you log in someone didn't find you, it's not like you will have a giant sign on you or anything. I understand a lot of people are gun-shy because of the hacker blight we are finding these days, but when script injectors break, all they can use is CE (hopefully) and CE doesn't find random player locations. Also if you die your body will disappear in 45 minutes like always, there will not be any stresses on the hive because in the extreme off chances that there is a mass killing (without script injection this is very unlikely) there are only at max 60 players per server. Of-course every part of Chernarus is discovered, that is why it is part of the thrill of logging, because some dude might stumble upon you, just move camp every night or what have you; the maps will be 500km2 possibly in standalone. Most of the excuses for why this is a bad thing sounded like combat loggers, and as the guy above me pointed out "wow carebears" or something to that nature. I'm not saying that you can't dislike this idea, but it would add to the severity of every minute, and make it more realistic and make you have to play more and experience more and stop sitting on your end gear. I've never heard someone say this game is too realistic in a bad way, that's what makes it fun. And then people turn around and +1 a shit and piss system. So to the guy saying it's too realistic as if that makes it worse, then go play left4dead. Left4dead is a good game. The point of DayZ was not for zombies, but for the survival in a zombie apocalypse. If you don't want to commit to the survival but want the zombies then go play better zombie games as stated previously. I'm not trying to be the OP who says "give me your opinions" and then bashes all the comments, but seriously pretty weak arguments from what I assume are 14yr old kids.

Edited by Tricky-

You guys do realize that this would mean at least 400,000 people sleeping on one map, right?

All on the same server? no.

Also rocket has stated many times there will be NUMEROUS maps, and you cannot just server hop like you can now. (Which is why I said standalone mode)

It would be as tents are right now tbh, I don't see the confusion.

edit ----

Never mind, people are thinking I mean this as on every server there will be your body sleeping, no it's the last server you played on which should be the only one you play on.

Edited by Tricky-

All on the same server? no.

Also rocket has stated many times there will be NUMEROUS maps, and you cannot just server hop like you can now. (Which is why I said standalone mode)

It would be as tents are right now tbh, I don't see the confusion.

edit ----

Never mind, people are thinking I mean this as on every server there will be your body sleeping, no it's the last server you played on which should be the only one you play on.

If you would only be allowed to play on one server, then DayZ would have to have MMO-like servers, that are hosted by the devs, and unless they plan on having tons of servers that would mean that there will be 100,000 players on each. Thats alot of people sleeping.

Edited by Entarticus

Just too much realism. In the real world at least you may wake up with noises or the like. I don't think it would yeld valuable results. Also imagine you really need to log off and you are in a bad place to do so. I don't think it is necesarry enough to settle the cons.

Perhaps having to find a spot that's safe to lay down and log out that will leave you open to attack from players and zombies for a period of time.