Sign in to follow this  
DAV (DayZ)

Vehicles despawning

Hi forum,

I was just wondering, do server admins despawn vehicles that are parked out of bounds themselves or does the server detect that a vehicle is out of bounds and automatically despawn it after a period of 6 hours?

This is because me and my friend parked an offroader (white) near the edge of the map, there were still trees, shrub etc near and when we logged on the next day it was gone. I would just like to know if maybe the server admin despawned it.

Thanks.

Maybe there was just a mistake a t the server restart. If the server restarts again ur car should be there.

We got the same problem at our server. Just wait until the next restart and everything is fine.

And if not someone stole it

• Like 1

Sometimes server restarts cause them to vanish for a while. Give it a bit of time,if it was hidden really really well then it will return from whatever demension it has warped into. If you forgot to save it then poof,go look for it again.

• Like 1

Ive had serveral ones gone missing, someone that turns up far away.

Seems to be some sort of bug, i were alone on the server, we had our SAVED Ural parked in our camp, i stopped the server to restart it, and it was gone, we found it half a week after with the exact same gear and in the same conditions (same wheels broken, made it on purpose so non could have steal it easily)

I even made several restarts after this, but it never came back, my guess is that sometimes they bug out. also i got tons of bikes, and a tractor faaaaaar away from the map that haven't despawned the past week. (Its annoying as server admin, and they keep respawning on restart, with hacked gear inside, cant even get rid of them...)

Good that I'm backed up with good mates that helps me patrol the server for suspicious behavior/cars/tents, but theres nothing i can do about it at all...

• Like 1

If you park the vehicle off the map it'll teleport you back onto the map and vehicle will stay be. In some cases it'll push you to debug fields. If the admin restarts the server every second time in-game it won't spawn the tents and vehicles.

Hey guys, thanks for all the information regarding bugs and server restarts etc. The server I left the vehicle on restarts every 6 hours therefore has restarted around 3 times since I left it there 2:00pm (UTC+4). I think that I left the vehicle too far off the map and so it has been despawned by the "hive".

I just wish they would give better signs to tell the player "THE MAP ENDS HERE, DON'T LEAVE VEHICLES PAST THIS POINT". I have seen from other posts that people say you will know when the map ends because the terrain stops, but by looking at an online map such as http://dayzhq.com/map/ the map ends long before you get to open plains without any terrain at all on them.

Thanks for all the info and help, at this point I might aswell cut my losses. It looks like i'm off to find a new off-roader :(

check http://dayzmod.com/f...-server-thread/ and the part 'known issues' and you will be enlightened.

Well trust me, as a server admin i even restarted the server 5 or 6 times (non was online anyways at that time) and i didn't get the lost one back, it was not outside the map either.

The save function is fucked, or the hive relocates it to an older save point for some reason. Because those time i find them they are yet again very well hidden AND got the same damages and weapons in them as before.