Sign in to follow this  
slyskillz

How to use Range Finder? (Yes I am noob)

Do you have it? It works like the binoculars, just press "B" (if you have them equipped) and point to a target of your preference.

It will show you the distance to that target. It's very useful if you have a sniper so you can adjust the ZEROING properly.

Edited by Fenrig

Or if you're a really bad sniper, just go to recruit servers!

Oh I get it, but when I press B, the binoculars come up... I have to drop my binoculars then?

Its generally better to have a spotter/mule carry one and range targets as a sniper can often lose* targets once they finally determine the range.

* By lose, i mean as the targets can run out of sight, disconnect, or move into cover.

I don't WANT to play as sniper, LOL, just want to know how to use the damned range finder! :D

It sounds like you didn't equip them. If I remember correctly, I had trouble using them when I got them because my NVGs would get slotted out instead of the binoculars, and I couldn't use them. Or something like that. When you open your inventory, make sure that you have the rangefinders equipped in the top right/left.

• Like 1

It sounds like you didn't equip them. If I remember correctly, I had trouble using them when I got them because my NVGs would get slotted out instead of the binoculars, and I couldn't use them. Or something like that. When you open your inventory, make sure that you have the rangefinders equipped in the top right/left.

thanks, you helped me too, it worked... the nvg was getting dropped instead of the binoculars.

cheers

Edited by Shakawkaw