Sign in to follow this  
SaturnFX

Hatchet in small arms slot

Just a suggestion since the small arms have been bugged to require multiple shots to take down a zed

Can we have the crowbar / hatchet go into the pistol slot verses the primary weapon slot? most of the big guns are more range, pistol has always been mid to close range (aka, hatchet is close range).

This seems both logical and could seriously help out the imbalance..

Apologies if this has already been suggested...but since the patch, it seems highly necessary now for a zombie dispatcher and a player protection gun.

• Like 7

I'd say no, until Zeds receive a very serious buffing.

All melee weapons need a new slot overall. So you can have a melee weapon on your back, hold your primary and have a secondary at the same time.

• Like 3

Since the patch I feel we should actually be able to equip the melee weapons in our secondary slots. Pistols are almost useless now, and just create more pain than pleasure.

"make it more like l4d hurr hurr" but it makes sense.

My vote:yes.

The hatchet and whole melee weapons must be in the slot for pistols

Of course..it makes so much sense. But I think it wont happen till stand alone is released. As of now Axe and crowbar are gun hacks (primary obviously) which is why they need to be reloaded and why they sound like a gunshot when you swing them. I really hope the ability to switch between melee and primary comes with stand alone.

I'd say no, until Zeds receive a very serious buffing.

Why would say no until zeds get stronger? Whats the connection?

Yup. It seems quite logical to be able to switch to melee quickly. Sometimes i get a little frustrated not being able to hit Z with my gun butt.

I just wanted to start a topic about this!

The hatchet should absolutely go into the small arms slot!

The most efficient way to kill a Zombie is sneaking up to it and killing it with the hatchet. But switching back to the main gun to take down serious threats like players takes too much time and the main gun takes a lot of backpackspace when using the hatchet as main weapon.

Also, Handguns are more like a last desperation effort and probably wont save your live anyway because 2 zombies will kill you if you are alone. The hatchet is the best weapon for scavenging towns and if you would be able to switch from hatchet to main gun quickly it woul open up a lot of awesome gameplay possibilities!

So yeah, tl;dr: :thumbsup:

Instead of putting the melee weapons in the small arms slot, why not have a completely different slot for melee weapons? I mainly use the hatchet for my main weapon now, and it would be so much easier to easily switch between a zombie-killer (hatchet), sidearm for whenever a handgun is useful, and a real weapon to defend against bandits.

I realize this is probably more likely to happen in the standalone, though. So for the time being, it would probably be easier to just be able to equip hatchets in the small arms slot.

In another thread it was suggested that melee weapons get treated like grenades and thrown weapons allowing you to cycle through them with the f button. Or alternately to access them with a tool menu button like the watch or compass.

• Like 1