Sign in to follow this  
punisher_1

Arrgh! waiting till Beta

So

I love the concept of this game but there is alot of work to be done

Connection issues - painful

Night time - no even worth playing unless you have NVG's

A game where every step seems to be a critical to your survival there are alot of things that need to be tweeked.

For one and this is fucking HUGE, zombie do not spawn out of nothing nor do they populate out of the woodwork.

If player "A" enters a village and scouts said village and only sees 5 zombies then thats is what is there. Not 10 or 15 or 29 after you fire one round.

Zombies can see through walls - not good

Zombies can damage your through walls even worse

Players have insta kill hacks and or server admins have them. That needs to be removed or fixed. Nothing like playing for hours just to be killed so some cunt can have your slot or just be a douche.

The tempature "device" is not needed - players have a ton of other stuff that can kill them. You need matches to start a fire. I believe there is one match book on the whole fucking island. Flares do not start fires for some odd reason. My whole game was dicked today because of rain? Also you spawn in the water, screwed at the start?

Bandits - New policy, shoot everyone no matter who they are - fuck it - exception unless you know them personally.

yeah there is a ton of balancing to be done with this mod

i really enjoy it but i allways get the feeling that im putting way to much into it and not getting alot back.

i dont care about the tempreture stuff its just that there isnt enough matches or wood anywhere so that needs vastly adjusting

my biggest thing with the game though is the way how you get to your mates.

by the time you eventually reach them its 35-40mins down the drain

so i think it needs a spawn system where you choose at what coast you spawn to and thats the ONLY time you can spawn and must have a 1 min time limit to stop cheating at tough scenarios.

I think you two are being negative, certainly the infected walking through doors and attacking through walls is not ideal, and perhaps not what would be the most authentic, but when it comes to balancing I disagree. As far as I can tell it's supposed to be a rough world.

Say you fire a few rounds in a village and 10-20 infected come rushing from where you only saw 5, it's hardly impossible that you missed a few and being jumped by infected is what it's all about. Fireing a gun makes quite alot of noise, and if anything the infected would overpower you if they're so and so many more than you.

If you wanna survive any size infected horde then you should plan ahead to take them out, maybe find a way to bottleneck them, and not trapping yourself, making sure you allways have a way out. This is where teamwork is such a great thing, and if it's with strangers it only adds to the experience if you're not 100% sure if the guy you're with will fire at the infected or shoot you in the back of the head and run.

However in terms of teaming up I completely agree with you, I would love for some way for you and your real life friends to easier group up and not spending 30 min doing so. However this would eliminate some of the feeling of washing ashore with no clue where you are with nothing with a can or two of beans.

My main point is that there shouldn't be a need to balance infected any less or more, it's you and maybe some friends, against 225 km2 of infected people and bandits who all want your beans. It being hard is the entire point. If you can't enjoy a challenge or the stories you get to tell once you fall over dead then maybe the mod isn't for you.

Lowping I dissagree.

If there is nothing but a constant respawning horde of zombies and you have 20 or 40 rounds you are not going to make it.

The critical aspect you are missing is that each precaution you take is important. If the game is going to cheat buy contantly dropping zombies what is the fun in that.

As for finding bottle necks I do that often and today a friend and I trapped several in a barn. Actually we snuck into the barn and the zombies found us. We killed 40 or 50. When we left the barn a few moment later out of ammo and a glitch disposed of the only rifle in the barn ALL the zombies had respawned.

I feel that the point and enjoyment of this game is to use smarts and skill to aviod and or remove the zombies. If the zombies can see through walls, hit through walls, have unlimited spawns and repopulate after a few moments then its going to get a little boring after awhile.

My concern is making this a great game, ya it looks like I'm bitching but someone has to tell it how it is. All I can say I'm keeping it real and pointing out the issues. I want to get satisfaction out of the game but don't want it to feel like a hopeless situation.

Don't be stupid and attack a horde of infected. And the enjoyment of this game is more about having an entire world out to get you. The game isn't balanced on purpose, the point is that you're going to die. And the story is the one you get to tell after you've survived for so and so long after facing horrible odds. Obviously seeing through walls and attacking through them is not optimal, and I'm sure Rocket would change it if he could/got the time.

Oh god, someone complaining about the population of zeds.

Look at the size of the map, a few thousand per server is very small compared to the actual estimated population size.

"for a game where every step....blardy blardy blah" - ALPHA stage.

There is a difference between balanced to be fair, balanced to be hard, balanced to be realistic, and balanced to be retarded. Having zombies spawn right next to the player is retarded. That being said, the mod is awesome.

We can fix this hiccup and still have the game be hard, realistic, and fatal.