Sign in to follow this  
jmido8

how can you tell if the server is night or day?

I use dayz commander and even though I have day only checked, I still get night servers. And even when I choose a server that should be day according to the timezone, it's sometimes not. Is there any way to tell at all without joining the server?

• Like 1

A lot of times the server isn't actually at the time that it is reporting. A good sign is lots of people on the server, night servers tend to have less people.

• Like 1

no, to my knowledge there is currently no way to know, what time is set on the server.

most servers put their timezone setting in the server descritpon, and thats what dayzcommander uses to determine whether its daytime or nighttime - however that info is not always accurate.

admins sometimes change the time settings but dont change the description.

EDIT: meh, Splinez beat me to it. Cheers.

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

night servers freak me the fuck out, i refuse to play them i would also like to know how to do this

• Like 1

night servers freak me the fuck out, i refuse to play them i would also like to know how to do this

There is no way of knowing, using "DayZ Commander" will give you a good chance of finding a server with the desired timezone.

Typically:

Server with lots of people = daytime

Server with no/few people = night time

There is no way of knowing, using "DayZ Commander" will give you a good chance of finding a server with the desired timezone.

Typically:

Server with lots of people = daytime

Server with no/few people = night time

^ This.

DayZ Commander and 6 Launcher/Updater can coexist, too. Commander is going to be your best option for distinguishing server time. However, it is not always accurate (...if an admin is messing with the time, for example).

LINK: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Edited by TyRobot

As previously stated: many people is often a daytime server.

However, I still think server-hosters should get forced to use the correct timezone.

There is a day-night cycle for a reason.

Side chat got disabled to enforce realism of the mod, I think the same should happen for servertime.

As previously stated: many people is often a daytime server.

However, I still think server-hosters should get forced to use the correct timezone.

There is a day-night cycle for a reason.

Side chat got disabled to enforce realism of the mod, I think the same should happen for servertime.

i know your server, i don't play it mainly because its dark as fuck most of the time i log on.

i cant see shit with that tiny ass flashlight the game gives you and you dont really get anywhere if you stop at every sound looking around you every 10 seconds

My server's use the actual timezone of my country which is GMT+2.

I'm aware that for example people from USA have issues with night time on my servers :P

i'm from holland aswell but i mainly play after club closes and i'm still to wasted to go to sleep

the downside is that almost all servers are on nighttime when i play, making me paranoid as fuck i wish i could just turn the game brightness up better its already at max but i cant see most of the time

My server's use the actual timezone of my country which is GMT+2.

I'm aware that for example people from USA have issues with night time on my servers :P

AFAIK we are in GMT + 1 timezone. i'm not a time expert, just sayin' you shud doublechek.

AFAIK we are in GMT + 1 timezone. i'm not a time expert, just sayin' you shud doublechek.

If i am not mistaken, NL observes Daylight Saving Time as most european countries, so its GMT+2 during summer. But im not a time expert either :)

Edited by e47