Sign in to follow this  
instynct

Better Zombie AI / Movement

I really think this game needs better zombie AI and overall movement. It's very lame how they sprint super speed and then stop in one spot and then sprint super speed again. What is the reasoning for them to not run at a normal speed to you instead of this laggy looking speed sprint. It seems like they made a booboo when coding and decided they wanted the zombies to act this way. But I guess if the devs want zombies this way i'll be looking forwards to a polished third party clone of this mod.

Sigh.

You do realize that Arma 2 is a military simulator and Day Z was built upon Arma 2's engine, so how are zombies going to function properly when they were never supposed to be anywhere near Arma 2.

Are you retarded?

Do I really have to say the "A" word? Seriously?

You know what, go wait for your "polished clone" while this mod is DEVELOPING.

Sigh.

You do realize that Arma 2 is a military simulator and Day Z was built upon Arma 2's engine, so how are zombies going to function properly when they were never supposed to be anywhere near Arma 2.

Are you retarded?

So you're saying the AI in Arma 2 speed run and stop in place while trying to kill you? No, don't bother posting you useless autistic moron. Obviously they modified the AI speed which was poorly done. Zombies don't need to run any faster than a human, they just don't need to tire.

Edited by Andromeda

So you're saying the AI in Arma 2 speed run and stop in place while trying to kill you? No, don't bother posting you useless autistic moron. Obviously they modified the AI speed which was poorly done. Zombies don't need to run any faster than a human, they just don't need to tire.

I'm going to ignore the "do not feed the trolls" sign

You are unproductive, clueless and have no idea how to troll properly. This is a non-issue and a pointless tweak that would divert precious developer time away from real problems and useful improvements.

I'm sorry that you struggle to hit a moving target but zeds/infected are fine with the super sprint.This idea most likely seemed brilliant when you were foaming at the mouth after being run down by some infected, but have a little think before you write something for the whole internet to see.

I'm going to ignore the "do not feed the trolls" sign

You are unproductive, clueless and have no idea how to troll properly. This is a non-issue and a pointless tweak that would divert precious developer time away from real problems and useful improvements.

I'm sorry that you struggle to hit a moving target but zeds/infected are fine with the super sprint.This idea most likely seemed brilliant when you were foaming at the mouth after being run down by some infected, but have a little think before you write something for the whole internet to see.

I never said nor do I have a problem hitting them, I don't think I've ever been killed by a zombie on this game, because of their terrible AI sprint then stop, sprint then stop they can never catch you. They aren't even really a threat on this game which is the entire problem. The only thing they do is follow you with annoying audio.

BTW you don't think zombie AI is a 'real' problem? Are you stupid or what? The entire game revolves around zombies.

Edited by Andromeda

This was not done intentionally, it's because they do not have a proper animator in staff [maybe now they do] and basically just created or used default basic movements and tweaked them.

Once again........this topic is posted..........

THIS IS A MOD

THIS MOD IS BASICALLY A TEST FOR A FUTURE STANDALONE GAME

THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ZOMBIE MOVEMENT RIGHT NOW

ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS GET CORE IDEAS PRODUCED AND IN USE FOR TESTING

Once again........this topic is posted..........

THIS IS A MOD

THIS MOD IS BASICALLY A TEST FOR A FUTURE STANDALONE GAME

THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ZOMBIE MOVEMENT RIGHT NOW

ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS GET CORE IDEAS PRODUCED AND IN USE FOR TESTING

Once again you have no idea what you're talking about. Go play some cod kthnx.

Edited by Andromeda

Sigh.

Are you retarded?

no he isnt retarded, hes just making a suggestion to improve which it is possible just becauseits on an engine that doesn have certain functions doesnt mean they cant be coded in by modding, after all thats what modding is about improving and adding a better experience, one could say your retarded for failing to realize that

I never said nor do I have a problem hitting them, I don't think I've ever been killed by a zombie on this game, because of their terrible AI sprint then stop, sprint then stop they can never catch you. They aren't even really a threat on this game which is the entire problem. The only thing they do is follow you with annoying audio.

BTW you don't think zombie AI is a 'real' problem? Are you stupid or what? The entire game revolves around zombies.

i totally agree the aim to hit is actually bang on target with guns (i cant say the same for hatchets) what i do when i have 7 zombie chasing me.. run and keep looking behind untill they thin out, alsong as you keep running in full stand its guaranteed they will never catch you, they have to stop still to try and hit you, a quick 180 turn and jog backwards when they do there "stopping thing" shoot! 1 DOWN!! repeat and rinse "you CAN run you CAN hide and if you run they will never catch you"

Sigh.

Are you retarded?

Yeah... But some ARMA 2 mods do Zeds very well in terms of animation and AI