Sign in to follow this  
djshauny1

Backpack removal.

Just a suggestion

Remove the backpack and just give us extra slots in the inventory screen.

It can be a tad annoying having to go into it all the time and just feels broken to me.

Thank you for listening.

:)

The backpack is fine, stop complaining about every single inconvenience.

You can't carry everything on your person within arm's reach and when you need to get something from your pack you will actually have to go into the pack and take stuff out of it, which is why the backpack works the way it does.

I agree with Tartantyco, other than possibly loosing your shit when putting things in a full backpack I feel like it's in a good place with the delay it gives you to say, take out a rifle and some ammo.

It's not something you wanna do with zombies chasing you, you're going to want to make sure you have everything ready before going in to town or w/e.

I like the packs a lot. Instead of being johnny mc-cargo pockets and having access to 20 things at once, you can carry a reasonable amount of items in your main inventory, useable at any time, and emergency supplies or a second weapon in your pack, which takes a short amount of time to get into. It adds realism and an extra component of strategy to some degree.

I do agree that it is a bit wonky, such as when items get deleted, but it is an alpha and there will be bugs.

Just drop you pack if you don't want it, but if you find you need more inventory slots, then grab another pack; problem solved. :P