sixdeadpandas

Stuck on final loading screen, two separate PCs

I was playing one day and I heard a really loud explosion in the field next to me. I turn to look and I see a giant cloud that looks like a dust storm rolling in. I assumed it was hackers, and not wanting to loose my kit to hacker BS, I mashed alt+f4 until I dropped to the desktop. Now, because I alt+f4'd 1 time, my game is messed up.

When I tried to load back into the game it would progress normally, but just hang at the last loading screen, the one with a black screen that says "loading.." right after the "waiting for character to create message"

I tried everything that has been suggested in the forums, from validating steam file integrity, to manually updating battleye, to reinstalling. I even wiped the PC. Still stuck.

Then I installed the game on a new PC, perfomed all the normal steps and get stuck at the very same spot.

I am suspicious that I may have corrupted some file on the Hive or on the Arma II servers. Is this even possible?

Please help, I enjoy this game so much I am even considering buying another copy, but I don't even know if that will resolve my issue.

edit: I can get to the server lobbies without issue, from there Battleye loads fine and does not indicate that I have been banned or anything like that

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

yes, 95389

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

Six Launcher

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

The game freezes indenifnitely at the black loading screen, after "waiting for character to create"

*Your PC specs:

PC1: core2duo 2.4GHz/2MB RAM/Radeon HD 4650

PC2: i5 2.3GHz/4MB RAM/GeForce 630M

*Your Operating System:

PC1: Win7 Pro (32)

PC2: Win7 Home Premium (64)

*Have you looked at these threads?:

links broken, but I have read multiple "stuck on loading screen threads" and tried the suggestions there to no avail

Edited by sixdeadpandas

I have the same issue. My thread

EDIT:

From what Ive heard from user deathnz1 buying another cdkey will work. Propably the issue is within hive system, no hardware/software-client side tweaking will help.

Edited by Goztec

That was my thought as well. There should be a way for them to reset the hive data without having to buy another copy. Maybe we can hope for a master purge pr DB cleanup someday.

I'm having the same problem. I got sorrounded by zombies earlier and had no bandages left, so when my character fainted I knew it was over and tried to respawn. I got frustrated when I realized that you can't hit escape when you're unconscious, not wanting to wait until I bled out, I hit Alt+F4.

I'm now getting stuck on the loading screen no matter what server I try to join, I'm assuming it has something to do with the Alt+F4 process, it broke our characters.

I didn't even Alt+F4 out of the game - I just got insane lag and then the server stopped responding so my character couldn't move etc.. so I kept trying to move, waiting for the server to respond and then it kicked me out of the server.

Now when I try to join any server, I get the same issue you all do.. So maybe the "hive" or whatever couldn't save my characters location/position when I moved while being disconnected or something ...

So are you telling me I can't play DayZ anymore? :P That sucks big time. It was only my third try and I didn't yet get to even shoot a gun once :P

There must be a way to just create a new character, right? If I create a new profile or edit my current one?.. hmm, I guess I'll try that now as I still haven't...

Same here, was using Arma 2 FREE and OA before. Bought CO from steam now (new cd-key) and still having the SAME problem on the same servers.

Played fine yesterday, couldn't play at all today...

I have the exact same problem. Me and My cousin left after a very successful run. No alt+4. We are playing from the same house. Neither of us able to get past loading. Even tried my brothers computer and his game. Nothing. So 3 different computers and 3 different games but with same connection. Problem started yesterday. Working the day before that.

Help please?