Sign in to follow this  
Agald

FPS Problems

I am having this problem where my DayZ FPS is really low like it is so choppy its extremely obnoxious. It was running fine earlier today and ever sicne ive had the game but all of a sudden i logged in and it was real choppy. i changed to a new server actually a few to see if its my connection no im positive its my FPS. ive tried to mess with the video setting but they were no help. Any other suggestions for what i can do?

Edited by Agald

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz

RAM: 4.1 GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

yeah its not the best stuff but it works....and it has done pretty damn good.

my setting at the moment are all Lowest the can go including disabled. which has not affected the FPS lag. ive also turned them all the way up and that didnt change much.

New computer time man, i have pretty much the same computer and i was also running the game choppy, i tried everything possible with very little change, so i choose to upgrade my computer. Sorry dude

yeah i know its due for an upgrade but i was running it fine unless this thing just crapped itself out.....>.>

EDIT IT DID NOT CRAP IT SELF OUT.

im running fine again. not sure what i did or what the hell it was...but thanks anyways to all.

Edited by Agald

i am not, but its all good. i think my computer is just old and is just starting to die out.

Guess she needed a little rest.

Lots of horrible servers out there too that make it run like poo don't forget.

Edited by Kerplex

There's some tweaks you can do to make it a little better

Search for armaholic in yahoo they have some good stuff there

No it isnt your computer about to die! I have the same issue with better specs than you i know for a fact it isnt my specs because ive been playing it for a month fine and the FPS isnt normal problem FPS it plys fine for like 1/4 of a second then freezes rince and repeat. Do you have any clue what you could have done to fix the issue? I am currently reinstalling my game

Honestly it's probably not your computer, the newest patch completely smashed my FPS. Beforehand I was able to run the game on max settings with 60+ fps, now it's barely 1 FPS.

sorry i have no clue what i did to fix it. i did redo the recent updates and that is what i think may have cleared it up. that or i also updated my drivers.

Guess she needed a little rest.

Lots of horrible servers out there too that make it run like poo don't forget.

can anybody explain to me, why the game that runs on *my hardware* runs choppily when I connect to one server and perfectly smoothly when connected to another? I mean, since when is my FPS dependent on the network status of the server Im connected to .. it's not like every frame is hand delivered to me by the server....

I've never seen anything like it.. it makes no sense to me, unless I'm missing something.

Anyway.. the solution for many of these issues indeed seems to be: switch to another server.

Edited by wahnsinn

For me; the problem seems to be Battleye.

I do get the random freezes in-game, and can actually see if it will freeze up in the multiplayer setup window. It will do the repeated freezes from there. However, there is absolutely no lag or freezes when searching for a server in-game. (Not using Dayz Commander)

What I do see; is when I go into multiplayer setup it doesn't start freezing until AFTER battleye initializes. That's the exact point of when it starts to freeze.

I have reinstalled and also manually installed Battleye multiple times to fix this. But unfortunately it seems to be very persistent. This has actually caused me to not play for a while- this annoying freeze that prevents me to play effectively.

EDIT- Would anyone please tell me if this the same for them? If you're having freezes check if it only happens after Battleye initializes.

Edited by Sgt.Scoots