Sign in to follow this  
Pride_Lion

New Clothing Content

I really love DayZ but one thing it's missing is the ability to define your character. Yes there is a little bit of customization but I want to be able to put on a combat vest and a balaclava and look like a bandit or maybe I want to look like a normal civilian. Anyways my point is I want the ability to define my character and stand out and also a few more clothing items with different perks like bullet proof vest (it's black and easy to see but provides more protection) or you could go with the classic ghillie (stealth but no bullet protection once so ever).

• Like 1

I really love DayZ but one thing it's missing is the ability to define your character. Yes there is a little bit of customization but I want to be able to put on a combat vest and a balaclava and look like a bandit or maybe I want to look like a normal civilian. Anyways my point is I want the ability to define my character and stand out and also a few more clothing items with different perks like bullet proof vest (it's black and easy to see but provides more protection) or you could go with the classic ghillie (stealth but no bullet protection once so ever).

rocket in his interviews has stated this is something that is important to him but in the mod the clothing system is just too much of a "hack" for it to work effectively. In the standalone it's been more than confirmed that a clothing system will be in-place.

Edited by Dez.

I've seen three threads today like this, and my response to all three "Do you really need to be special?"

I've seen three threads today like this, and my response to all three "Do you really need to be special?"

Well I'm gonna quote my own thread, which you are probably refering to, as to what perks I think variety would have and where they can get skins from...

So I was looking at the ingame models on the armaholic site and between the workers, rockers, functionaries, housewives, secretaries, individual characters and other skins I think we could get some real player diversity going on.

Examples:

http://www.armatechs...Civilian_Women/

http://www.armatechs...s/Civilian_Men/

http://www.armatechs...f/OA/Units/civ/

So first a question: would it be possible to implement these or do they lack animations? I dont mod for arma so I dont know if every unit can run around, shoot, throw objects and peform the other required actions.

And if allowed... it would be awesome to spawn with random clothing besides the usual.

Advantages:

More visual diversity, making it easier to recognize different players.

A greater incentive to find cammo.

More immersion, since you look more like a civilian caught in the apocalypse and less like a survivalist or military personnel.

Better screenshots!

Love seeing all the suggestions people have been bringing to the table! I feel ya Pride_Lion, It would be a great feature to have a system where we can distinguish our comrades and enemies a little better. I think more clothing is soon to come. After all in an interview Dean Hall mentioned he has only scratched the surface of loot & items in this mod.

And then the moderators said, let there be a search function. And it was good.

Edited by GexAlmighty