Sign in to follow this  
conman345

Bad FPS, any help?

I just bought dayz and i got on and was at 1 fps... so i changed my settings to low/ disable exept video memory(default) so i dont know if there is a magic button or if i need to upgrade PC (I get 20 fps on mincecraft) also my ISP is crap

SPECS:

2GB RAM

Windows Vista basic (32 bit)

AMD semipron 2.20 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 with 825MB

let me know if I forgot some specs (or if i need a new computer or just a new component)

In all honesty your pc isn't good enough to get decent framerates on ArmA 2.

You're running a pretty old spec rig, and running 20 fps on minecraft isn't too great a benchmark. Try updating all your video drivers and running at the lowest possible res, but unfortunately you'll probably be looking at an upgrade to run the game on high rates.

OUCH! sorry bud, i'm playing on low settings with a 3.5Ghz athlon x2 and a 8800gt, 2gig ram and WINDOWS XP! when i was running my cpu at 3ghz arma was terrible. if you can put a better CPU in and upgrade to win xp that could help. check your board manual for your top spec cpu you can use, you can get one cheap off ebay, that graphics card is integrated you would need to spend £60 on a gfx card from ebay. is this a laptop? if it is your'e pretty screwed.

You secretly know its time for a nice shiny new PC :)