Better PC gets worse performance. (FPS)

AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Processor

CPU Speed Recommended: Info

You Have: 3.0 GHz RAM Recommended: 2 GB

You Have: 13 GB

You Have: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

it says i should pass with flyin colours

Edited by theonlyduck

And you've read the other FPS/performance issue threads? Such as game settings, AA/AF/FXAA/PPAA settings, Driver updates, driver settings, etc?

double check to make sure your drivers are up to date, then download speedfan and prime95 to check your cpu and gpu temps at max load. Also, try disabling shadows, that gave me a massive FPS boost with my ATI radeon 4600, and try to see if there is a major fps difference with everything set to high, and then everything set to low. Also i would recomend downloading a gpu moniter to make sure that something else in your system isnt acting as a bottleneck, you would see your GPU sitting around 30-50% if there is one present.

"YUP" is not enough info. I'm giving up on you, sorry, but if you can't put in the effort then neither will I.

DUDE BRO SORRY, im serious i tried alot of shit to try for to fix the fps and stuff, but still dont seem sucessful

all the drivers have been updated and going from High to low settings is the same,, also turnin off shadow just barely gives me an extra 2-3 fps

Then tell us your current game settings, driver version(s) tried, driver settings tried (vsync/aa/etc), what your CPU usage, GPU usage and GPU MEM usage are while running the game.

Have you really read all the performance threads?

current game settings?its all low on everything, shadow disabled, and default on the video memory, ATOC disabled, antisialing is low, ppa is low vsyce is disabled. and my cpu usage is 18%, checkin the gpu stuff now

Edited by theonlyduck

Try to change the lines in your Arma2OA.cfg the OP changed. Last two lines in OP.

it's the goddam hyperthreading on the intel chip that is fucking you up. knowlege.

*this was to the OP, not the subsequent guy.

Edited by notSLICK

I'd start by changing exThreads=1 to 7.

Where can I find that line ?

What File and where is the file ?

the exThreads=1 is an additional boot parameter for Arma 2 that you can set in 6 Launcher or Dayz Commander, go into the settings tab, and under additional parameters, throw that line into the text box, and you're all set. Its just a modifier to tell the game when it is starting up, to run slightly different than normal.

On an unrelated note, i got a higher quality thermal paste, and my CPU temp is all the way down to 29*C at idle, and 65*C at max load via Prime95, while gaming it sits around 40*C.

Anything over 75% is bad, at least in my world processing real-time audio for voice comms. What does your girlfriends CPU usage look like? I'm not familiar with AMD equivalents these days.

When I play Arma2 my 3rd gen i7 hums along at a much, much lower %.

CPU was around 70%.

Just started getting this same issue! My fps has gone from very smooth 60+ down to like 10-15 FPS.

I don't know what would have caused this, because I have been playing DayZ for a while now, and this just happened suddenly (like two days ago..)

*Edit: I installed the new "Play With Six" updater from http://www.six-updater.net, which ran some updates, and it resolved the issue

Also, another thread on this here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/72364-sudden-fps-drop/#entry690068

Edited by Soylent