Mauser (DayZ)

No zombies on any server, other players have zombies.

Date/Time: 5/22/12 1500-1900 Eastern

What happened: As of patching today I see ZERO zombies. Debug says zero. Other players confirm they are seeing zombies. Took a trip up to NW airport with a friend. He was dodging zombies, I was not...rather I could run around willy nilly without drawing aggro.

My shots did not draw agro that the other player could see.

Smoke grenades thrown by me did not draw agro that the other player could see.

Got my friend to throw a smoke grenade, that drew agro. He guided me into the swarm, they did not respond to my presence that he could see.

While this has made looting buildings much much easier the challenge has gone out of the game unless I want to hang out near Cherno or Electra.

Where you were: NW of the map. Lopatino, NW Airport

What you were doing: Normal gameplay

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.2

*Server(s) you were on: Dallas 11, Dallas 5, Chicago 6

*Your system specs:

ASUS G Series G71G-Q2 NoteBook

Windows 7 Pro

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 2.0G

6GB

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS 512MB DDR3 VRAM

*Timeline of events before/after error: Simply applied patch and started this way. Several diconnects and restarts did not fix.

DUPE THREAD: Corrected for format required by Admin.

I would say you should re-install DayZ. I've dealt with this a few times and that always fixes it.

i have the same problem...but the only loot im getting is from dead bodies lol...i went into the hospital...not even empty cans in there...so i changed server cuz i was like..no zombies no loot..must be broken...new server logged in nothing...did this for about 4 of the ANZ servers and its all the same...

so i'm guna try BakingPanda's idea and reinstall everything and see if that fixes it...i really hope i dont die logging in :P

Sounds like one of your Dayz files is corrupt or wrong or something if it's happening on every server. I'd try reinstall like BakingPanda says.

If your missing 1 particular file this will happen.

You also wont see all the burnt cars and road blocks.

I wont say which file because its a cheat.

Download from the torrent link so you get all the files.

Modder really needs to have a check to kick people who are not running all the files.

Did notice a missing pile of debris in front of the air traffic control tower door at the NW airport last night. My buddies were climbing over it and I just walked through it.

It might qualify as a cheat, but it honestly makes the game a bit boring not to have zeds walking around...but I'd probably find other forms of cheating that take the challenge out boring too which is why I don't use cheat. Well, except for the Total War Series...damn you need money in that game.

Anywho, I used the torrent file (incidentally it's much much faster thanks to everybody seeding) and restarted. Zeds show up in debug. Zeds show up in the game world. Haven't drawn agro yet but I'm kindof avoiding it...you know how it goes.

I did notice that the TempVal quantity was not listed in debug monitor last night while I was zed bugging. I didn't appear to lose temp but my friends I was rolling with reported they weren't either...or very very slowly so I can't qualify if there was a problem there.

At this point I'd recommend that when a new release comes out only release a full download .rar or .zip and a full torrent and Vulcan's last comment as well. I picked and chose only files with updated names to save download time, which is probably were the issue came from.

I actually liked it more without the zombies, since I have played both ways do to a error on my part with the files as well.

I only ever played at night when it was so dark you can't see your hand in front of your own face.

It was good fun hunting down ppl without worrying about Zombies.

Now going into Chern or Electro is more trouble than its worth to chase down a flare you see in town.

But I am hit by the performance bug now, so no playing for me until that's fixed.