Sign in to follow this  
Squirrelman

INSANE spawning rate,ammunition type

man i was over 10 hours alive, killed 100 zombies. ok than we cleared a village and every zombie was dead and after 1 freaking minute 20 respawn? i mean what the hell? that sucks. i mean when every zombie respawn after 1 minute why i should carry a gun with me? why i ever should shoot? (yeah bandits maybe...)

some weeks ago the game was a lot better. no insane zombie respawn rates and not 50 zombies at one freaking point...

its ridiculous some weeks ago i shot a zombie and maybe 10 came with him. when i shoot a zombie now, 30 come with him and respawn in 1 minute....

now you cant clear a village unless you have 10 people and even than you die cause the freaking zombies respawn in 1 minute!!!!! the zombies respawned 2-3 meters around me...

when this patch gets harder and harder, i think more people will say that this sucks. getting harder and harder ruins the fun of playing this game.

- decrease the amount of zombies at one freaking point

- decrease that insane spawning rate!!!!!!!

- when you make everything harder, increase the bags.

- decrease that 30 zombies come when you shoot 1 of them... some weeks ago this was a lot better.

overall i love this mod. i bought arma2 + operation arrowhead only for this mod.i ever wanted such zombie game, but please fix the spawning rate and the amound of zombies that hunts you when you only shoot 1 zombie. just make it as you had it some weeks ago.

another point. why i can shoot 9mm ammunition only with the mp5, not with the mp5sd ?there are mp5 and mp5sd mags, why? in real there is no mp5 and mp5sd ammunition.they both have 9mm ammunition, one gun is silenced and one not... they also can use subsonic ammunition. and i also can shoot subsonic ammunition with an normal mp5. get this fixed please.

Perhaps you should consider altering your tactics.

Instead of going in guns blazing, try a more considered, stealthier approach. You can get through the most densely populated areas with some careful planning and movement.

If you still want to shoot the place up, try picking off zombies from a longer range, so surrounding zombies won't hear you. This way you won't get the '30+ zombies coming' that you would get with, say, firing a lee enfield in the centre of a city.

Re: Your mp5 comment. I believe its more of a balance thing. Any suppressed weapon is inherently move valuable, so they limit the ammo that can be used to reduce abuse and exploitation.

The MP5 SD ammo is the subsonic ammo, im kind of curious as to why it doesn't let you use both types in the same weapon though?

Also I think there are more zombies ingame and its impossible to lose them all in one hit, but then again we are talking about a town or city you are raiding which on average would have around 500 to 50000 residents who just went AWOL.

The only thing that needs to be changed is zombies spawning within aggro space of you

yeah i know, we crouch in nearly every single town, but sometimes you make a mistake and a zombie cought you crouching around, than you have to kill him and when this happen, you are dead cause 30 zombies come for you... but thats not why i am so angry about, its my fault when they cought me :D. i am angry that when you kill for example 20 zombies they all respawn in 1 minute! that cant be man. i mean you cant loot the town when you killed them cause they spawn again. you understand? and this with the sniper rifle is just not true. last time i played this game with 2 friends, one wanted to shoot the zombies on long range, cause he said there come only some (about 8 where at one point) and he could handle the most on range. dude there also come about 20 of them no matter how far you away. the other 12 where far far far away from the centered 8. sry for my english. it isn´t the best.

I do somewhat agree with you too, at least with the respawn rate. The game is awesome, but instead of fixing the bugs they're adding new features that just break it even more :(

In my opinion a zombie should never spawn within a considerable radius of any player. Just seeing them pop into existence sucks visually, its unrealistic, and its just unfair when you are in a situation that you consider to be safe.

Why not once a city/town has been cleared zombies can spawn in the surrounding wilderness/woods (out of view and range of players) and then wonder back into the settlements to repopulate. After all the map is large enough, and the players few enough to allow for this.

Instead of crouch, try prone :D

If you're not confident you can creep through an area, then don't do it.

Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted

I do somewhat agree with you too' date=' at least with the respawn rate. The game is awesome, but instead of fixing the bugs they're adding new features that just break it even more :(

[/quote']

This is NOT a bug, it is a balancing issue. And you can expect that following updates will probably change it around and then the team can gather feedback from the players.

Didn't you notice the zombie count going down with 200~300 zombies average since 1.5.8(.2)?

Agreed on the zombie spawning timer/radius

Normally I don't even mind.. but when sneaking through a town to suddenly have 5 zombies pop right infront of me, and instantly go aggro... Makes me wanna rage quit! :D

when you clear a town of zombies it would be nice when they spawn far away from you or they just dont spawn in this town for 10-15 minutes that you can loot the town safely.