Sign in to follow this  
"Lost" Alice

Has the game ever walked you off a roof?

I'm sure this has happened to several people.

I was on the roof of a building over watching for my friends who were looting the medical tents, I decide to go prone, and the game takes over, promptly walking me forward five steps and right off the roof.

I know the game is in alpha, so we all have to deal with bugs.

But I'm wondering if any other players have found good precautionary measures, so I can avoid this in the future? :)

any advice at all would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Alice

• Like 1

Sometimes character jumps forward and then prone, could be that or you get desynced out or something.

I was a on roof in Cherno, propably bugged roof cause you can't get there by stairs, you have parkour over some roofs. I floated away without any control and fell.

• Like 1

Yeah... I was on a roof and pressed prone... My guy ran (for some reason) to the end of the building and then went prone in the air lol

Been there, done that. I've also had my key stick and merrily walked off an edge.

I've just tried to stay a reasonable distance from the edge when I have to prone out.

I'm sure this has happened to several people.

I was on the roof of a building over watching for my friends who were looting the medical tents, I decide to go prone, and the game takes over, promptly walking me forward five steps and right off the roof.

I know the game is in alpha, so we all have to deal with bugs.

But I'm wondering if any other players have found good precautionary measures, so I can avoid this in the future? :)

any advice at all would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Alice

The game is NOT in alpha, DayZ is. This is a bug from Arma 2 physics not DayZ Mod. My suggestion: Avoid metal roofs, large rocks, and basically anything that you don't need to be on.

• Like 1

Don't hold shift as you're crouching (the double-tapping shift has the same effect). Basically the game thinks you're sprinting and it launches your character forward and lays down.

Happened to me on a building in Elektro...

Edit:

This isn't a bug, a glitch or a malfunction, it's a built-in feature for ArmA2.

Edited by Tsyn
  • Like 2

yeah, not a glitch :) sorry today. Now I have been randomly spawned, after logging in, on a roof that i shouldn't have been able to get on. sThankfully the fall only gave me shock >< Falling @ the quarry can have some very humorous effects though, and send your character flying o.O

• Like 1

Haha, yeah. That's how I lost my first ghillie suit. All i remember is yelling balls while watching my character take the leap of faith.

• Like 1

Aahhh totally stressing! I had this in server UK87, in Vybor :(

Got of the school, and i was like yeah nothing will happen. But i heard some footsteps outside the school, went prone...

Guess what happend..... Character walked of the glitchy roof at Vybor, landed infront of the enemy.. the enemy disconnected.

Luckily had a friend that could fetch my gear <3 Thanks again // Fox !

Ah yes it was quite disappointing really.

I was at the top of a fire station in Cherno at night and I decided to go prone. Immediately upon pressing z I was reminded of what happened when I proned on a deerstand (I fell and went into shock). Anyways, I fell off the fire station tower and onto the fire station roof and luckily, I had recently raided a lot of medical supplies. I bandaged myself, gave myself morphine, and I thought I was in the clear. DayZ is a bitch and I fell off the fire station roof.

YOU ARE DEAD... sigh...

I doubt this this an intended feature. If it is, why can't I replicate it without actively moving? If it's a feature of ArmA2, then it's a bugged one.

I can prone fine 98%, from standing, crouching, walking, standing still, shift or no-shift, and pretty much every other combination. Every once in a while tho, i'll randomly take a running dive (no I wasn't holding shift nor was I double-shifted)

I haven't walked off of a roof by accident - I have, however, fallen through a metal wall, onto a roof 30 feet or so in the air. There was no way down, and naturally I had no morphine on me. I was forced to jump, and promptly broke my leg and was forced to suicide :(

YEP its happend to me i had a m1014 and a remington w/f

and all the other good shit and i was on top of the school in electro and i went prone and my character flew of the roof Uber Gay :huh: <_<

well i remember once when i broke my legs in a barn my guy started crawling around randomly