mamarijus866

I dont know where to go when i spawn.

Hey guys, just buyed arma 2 with operation arrowhead. Could you say where should i go when i spawn and could u say some tips on surviving and not getting attracked by zombies? Thanks.

goto buildings. anywhere u can see some type of house, shed, or barn. after dieing 100's of times u'll know exactly where to run and what is where.

Put your back to the coast and run north. Then if you want to survive and immerse yourself in the game, scavenge what you can, un-aided by online maps etc. If you want to get gear, bring up an online map, find a landmark using your orienteering skills and navigate to loot areas.

I'd recommend you to use an online map of Chernarus indeed, http://dayzmap.info or http://dayzdb.com/map work best.

After spawning there's in my opinion two main choices to make;

1. - Don't care about zombies, and run straight to either Elektro (Elektrozavodsk) or Cherno (Chernogorsk). Zombies won't catch up with you as long as you keep running. Once there, run into a building to loose their aggro.

After that you can go raid pretty much every building for some basic gear (evade the hot spots, like hospitals & fire station at first). Find a supermarket if you can, since there's usually a lot of usefull stuff to find to start with (water bottles, food, compass, hunting knife, matches, guns & ammo, bigger bag etc.) - You might stumble upon some other players near a supermarket, but asking if they're friendly usually helps. Finding a server with low population does too.

When you've got some proper basic gear, get the heck out of the city if you'd like to keep your head.. and most important your beans ;).

If you managed to get out, you now gathered some good gear pretty quickly, and can go north to anywhere you like. Maybe check out some castles, military camps (NW Airfield, Stary Sobor etc.), or go wandering around in search of helicopter crash sites.

2. Don't risk the cities, and go straight north, to the first small town you stumble upon. Try finding some gear, and go to the next town, untill you have the gear you need. If you need weapons, don't hesitate to visit a barn - there are usually some weapons in there.

This way it takes much longer to find your basic gear, but you're not risking early death by cold-blooded players in the cities.

When you go straight north after spawning, it's worth to check out the places I mentioned earlier. Wait for places like NW Airfield before you have some proper gear though.

I really don't know if there's a best way on not attracting zombies... Though play as if it's you in real life trying to evade them.

Usually: If a zombie has a direct line of sight on you in the distance (let's say about a hundred metres), do not run normally (standing up, C), but go crouching instead (X). If you're getting closer, get down on the floor (Z) and hope they won't catch you. If you see one walking in your direction, chances are they will spot you (from about 15 - 30 metres you're fine, closer gets quite freaky though).

Also, if you have managed to collect some basic gear (water bottle / drinks, some food, maybe a gun etc.), don't hesitate to skip small towns, because most of the times you'll only find food and drink cans in there. For weapons: go to a barn.

Finally, if you have a gun and somehow attracted a zombies aggro (which you will), do not start shooting at it like a bitch. Instead wait for it to get near, it'll stop running when it's about to hit you. At that time, take a few steps back and shoot it. This way they're like shooting a cow, no challenge at all.

Hope this helps! Happy to awnser any more questions you might have ;).

• Like 1

I find as soon as you spawn - head either way down the coast until you reach a big town - the two popular towns are Cherno and Elektro - these have a hospital and a supermarket - they have a lot of the stuff you really need.

Stock up and most of the time you can find a map in the supermarket - use this to maybe go to the airfields and loot some good weaponary. Caution though as snipers and other bandits kill in these areas a lot.

The first thing I always do is go to hopsital and supermarket then find out what I am missing and loot houses and industrial places. Once I have this (takes an hour max) you can head to the airfields and have some fun.

My final tip though is this...

Expect to die; if you think like this then you will not be disappointed when it happens :)

I used to crawl and crouch everywhere - now I don't - I run to these starting places and then just keep running - eventually you will lose the zombies.

well, as a starting player, you might want to survive a bit longer, so I would not go to Cherno or Elektro at very beginning, while it is tempting to get a lucky shot to your equipment it is risky and may (and will) cause shorter games.

Never standup at start so push X to crouch and move crouched.

When getting near something, crawl over there. Agro range at prone position is very short, so you can move around easily.

If you see empty cans, pick them up (just a few, not too many) and throw them (push F to select them) if you are in tight spot to distract zombies (if you agroed, it's too late, to move)

But yeah, pretty much this: go prone when scavenging, move longer distances as crouched until you learn more about the agroranges.

I wouldn't head north until you are ready to take on other players, head east instead and follow the train track as a visual helper.

You dont want to head north until you have survival supplies.

You dont want to head north until you have survival supplies.

You get them on the way from the town, villages, barns and deer stands and they are less dangerous than Cherno and Elektra. By the time you reach places like Stary Sobor you are usually armed and semi-capable. Then you can chose where to go next, always best to get off that coast first off though as it's full of noobs and wannabe bandits.

Edited by Box