Sign in to follow this  
Rifle Eyez

cheapest place to get Arma CO?

So I missed the 40% off steam sale waiting on my new GPU to arrive and payday to hit (a day after the sale ended, FML big time - should have just dipped into my savings account)

So where's the next cheapest place for a download or is steam still the cheapest? I'm in the UK btw - can I buy from abroad as a digitial download? Cheapest i've seen is £20 in the UK. Ridiculous how it was $14.99 which is around £8 - kinda makes me less inclined to drop £20+ on it even though it's probably worth it.

inb4 poorfag, get a job etc. I'm saving to move in my own place when my girlfriend graduates uni and gets her ass a job. life >> games.

Download Arma 2 free + Buy OA

You only pay for the price of OA

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 1

I can only seem to find it for €25,- or $30,- anywhere at the moment.

Download Arma 2 free + Buy OA

You only pay for the price of OA

Isn't the Arma 2 free ''low res textures'' though? Or is it just fanboys wanting everyone to spend their money? I'd be willing to pay £20 for the experience but i'm pretty tight with my money and after seeing a almost half price sale it's put me off haha

Isn't the Arma 2 free ''low res textures'' though? Or is it just fanboys wanting everyone to spend their money? I'd be willing to pay £20 for the experience but i'm pretty tight with my money and after seeing a almost half price sale it's put me off haha

It's not a big difference. I doubt you will be able to run it Maxed out anyway. The only real difference is that it's a little bit harder to install it with the Free version, but there is a tutorial to help you. So yeah, it works. I have it and I can play perfectly normal. The graphics seem the same to me?

http://kodabar.blogspot.dk/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html

Edited by TSAndrey

last week on steam sale, CO was 24$, OA was just 12, you missed out, check the devs website i think they have it on there for sale but last i looked was over a month ago

IMHO just use arma2 free and whatever you was gonna spend on it, give it to the dayz standalone kickstarter whenever it starts up

Edited by Warmaku

If you can't blow an extra 8$ then don't buy the game, DayZ is in alpha anyway.

If you can't blow an extra 8$ then don't buy the game, DayZ is in alpha anyway.

Well that was pretty much my thinking. I'm not a Arma 2 player, but day-z interests me but i'm not prepared to blow £30 just for a mod in alpha stage that might never get even a beta if it is released for Arma 3. I'm sure i'd probably enjoy Arma 2 vanilla but I have a bunch of games I haven't really touched and because Day-Z is different I would be prepared to drop £10 for it...

I got mine for £20 at Bohemia Interactive. It redirects you to steam which if you buy from them direct the game is £24.99. Look at it that way and your saving 20%!!! Bargain !!

I have not even touched Arma but DayZ is worth the money even at Alpha IMO.

Edited by jontp