phoenixf129@gmail.com

DE 809 - Hosted by PurifiedRP.com

We at PurifiedRP have decided to sponsor you guys with a Server hosted from our main Dedicated Box!

:beans: DE 809 :beans:

We run this speedy fella here!

Todo List:

Green = Done

Yellow = Under Development

Red = Planned

Cyan = Considering

• CRon(Automatic) job to restart server every 8 hours.
  • Optimise server settings for... optimal (haha) gameplay.
  • Create automatic daytime script.
  • Create server Querier to make sure that the server is still in playable state.
  • Add Shutdown/Restart/Stop 3 minute notifications.
  • Restructure website for DayZ players.

Hop on and join us once in a while.

Our Promise: "We shall deliver optimal gameplay, as little lag (as can be delivered), and a fair environment(As far as hacking goes anyway!)"

Dedi Specs:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40GHz, 4 cores
  • RAM: 32GB ECC @ 1400MHz
  • HDD: 3TB (2x 1.5TB RAID1)
  • PORT: 1GBit link @ 112 Upload | 359 Download

Server is running on Linux, YES it's not supported, but it works fine with some tweaking.

Just hope the DayZ Team don't mind us running their server on a custom environment!

We run a community over in the Garry's Mod sector, and have finally started to expand to different games/gametypes.

We have a Garry's Mod server (As said above), which I shall not go into, this is for DayZ, not Garry's Mod!!

Teamspeak 3 Server at 5.9.20.11 (Official, on the same IP as the DayZ server!)

Our website/forum: https://purifiedrp.com - Is soon going under expansion, area for DayZ, etcetera.

Hope to see you there,

May the :beans: be with you.

Edited by Phoenixf129
  • Like 2

"How To?"

What?

Install DayZ Server on Linux with Wine or what else yiu use

Updated today. Optimised server (Should be spread across four cores (3.4GHz) now, instead of locked to two.)

Also auto-reboot every 8 hours now, auto-day script implemented.

I'm not entirely SURE if its just me, but loading times on my server seem MUCH faster than joining others (for myself anyway!)

~Steve

• Like 1

Just posting here to show my support, I've only been playing here with a friend for 2 hours, easily one of the best performing servers I've ever played on....We're staying :)

(Also maybe because we found an atv and chopper in this timeframe :D)

• Like 1

~Working on the crashes we currently have. Server will just hang from time to time and nobody can query/connect.

(Worst thing is, the server checker thinks it is still live, and AutoHotkey (linux thing) will not be able to click Ok since it hasn't technically crashed)

Looks like i'll have to make some sort of query'er. If that makes any sense to you guys!

~Steve

Seems that's what is happening right now, can't get back in...I was picking up people along teh coast in a bus, but I broke a wheel. I went outside to search for one, some guy called Ballersutchi who was in the bus, followed me and offered to bandage me becuase I was bleeding, instead he headshots me and stares at me unconscious for a minute.....some people :/

Edit: Got back in, spawned at Electro, found him, killed him with a hatchet :D

Yp7Rp.jpg

Yeah, don't trust him, he's done that to myself before. Hence why if they point a gun towards me, I shoot to kill.

Querier in progress, i'll get there eventually. haha

~Steve

Going to have a try and see what the performance is like. Yet again linux trumps windows. Did you get performance increase spreading it over 4 cores? as under windows it only uses 2 cores ? Also have you tried hyperthreading under linux ?

So it loaded quite slowly for 7/40 players, however its going dark so not sure if needs reboot. No lag and only one red disconnecting chain though! Much better than overcrowded multiplay servers where its constantly losing connection.

What server spec is it? cpu, ram and port speed please!

• Like 1

So it loaded quite slowly for 7/40 players, however its going dark so not sure if needs reboot. No lag and only one red disconnecting chain though! Much better than overcrowded multiplay servers where its constantly losing connection.

What server spec is it? cpu, ram and port speed please!

Probably caught it before it got rebooted for daytime.

I have updated OP with dedi specs.

It's a work in progress.

Edited by Phoenixf129

Wow, so the server runs awesome yet then this happens randomly. Good job I wasnt flying a heli/driving a vehicle/in a firefight eh?

arma2oa%202012-08-05%2019-56-09-46.jpg

That would be the 8 hourly restarts... looks like it's time to set some sorta delay, three minutes sound good? (It kicks so players update in the hive and aren't rolled back after the reboot)

Yeah, thought so.

Would be nice to get a shitton of people in it, however, probably wont happen for a while (I'm interested in performance rates.)

Server just rebooted.

EDIT: Querier created, testing and working.

EDIT2: Reboot warnings created, same for stop/shutdown. 3 minute warnings. Will also "safe kick" people (I.E. Kick them so they are committed to the hive and not rolled back - if they haven't disconnected already) :beans:

Anything else?

Edited by Phoenixf129
  • Like 1