Sign in to follow this  
sxcblood

how is this not passing the system req's?

i bought my mates old cpu for 10$ and he installed it for me, but the game stil runs slow its better but stil around 5fps

it says it needs 2.4ghz but i have 3.00 but why does http://www.systemrequirementslab.com tell me its not good enough?

CPU Minimum: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz You Have: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz

You have a Pentium that's why, it's a really old processor and you should really update it. Have not seen your computer spec but i recommend just buying a new updated computer.

well i live on a student income i don't really have much cash to spare on my pc i mainly used thisone for youtube while playing on xbox im glad i could've buyd 1gig of ram and a cpu for 10$

cant i just change some settings to give more power to my cpu or something

also this is the screenshot

f0ikx.png

you have a single core CPU but need at least dual core...

i don't have allot of expertise with pc's, what would you recommend for me to get i can probably buy it if i save up for a month or 2

i don't have allot of expertise with pc's, what would you recommend for me to get i can probably buy it if i save up for a month or 2

It looks like your "friend" was very well aware of your lack of pc expertise and therefore sold you Pentium D :D

No, really, you need to upgrade both CPU and MOBO

you have a single core CPU but need at least dual core...

This isnt actually true, since Pentium D is dual-core but as a multichip

Edited by Blaf

It looks like your "friend" was very well aware of your lack of pc expertise and therefore sold you Pentium D :D

No, really, you need to upgrade both CPU and MOBO

well it was better than my other cpu and i only payd for the ram he gave me the cpu and a soundcard for free, it was just his old desktop so i didnot expect much but i can now run hd videos on youtube so im happy atleast,

im looking at cpus on alternate but i have no idea what sockets i have, does it matter or can i just get one for abouth 40-60$

well it was better than my other cpu and i only payd for the ram he gave me the cpu and a soundcard for free, it was just his old desktop so i didnot expect much but i can now run hd videos on youtube so im happy atleast,

im looking at cpus on alternate but i have no idea what sockets i have, does it matter or can i just get one for abouth 40-60$

You have LGA 775 socket and it really does matter, because CPUs for different sockets arent even physically compatibile...

If i were you i would spare some money and buy something that will last for a while. Buying anything for 775 socket is just a waste of money (imho)

Edited by Blaf

howmuch money do you think ill lose if i want to be able to play dayz?

Also, I read a write-up on arma graphics settings. Apparently arma graphics settings is a bit of a strange beast, if you lower your settings too much ends up dumping all the work on the cpu. Bumping up the graphics settings moves more work to the GPU freeing up the CPU for other stuff, giving you a noticable fps boost. Google around.

yea i followed all the guides becouse otherwise it wouldnot run at all, i also have the uhm shortcut things on "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion/beta/expansion;gg:/@DayZ" -nosplash -mod=@dayz -world=empty -winxp

according to the link on here but it still freezes every 2seconds if i sprint. are there any other things i can add so it will put even less work on my cpu because i think my video card is good enough to play the game it got 2 cores so it should be fine if the game just runs on my video card and not my cpu

lol. Buy a new computer. I could'nt even run the game well on my Amd Phenmon dual core 2.8GHz, with 4gb of ram and a GTX 275

well i got it to work with around 35fps, im happy and i dont have to spend my food money on computer parts