kollozal22

Worst Way You Ever Died

I had just spawned on the coast, my first life. I am near a dock and what looks to be a warehouse, so I head off in that direction to look for gear. Five seconds later I am being chased by Zombies. I run into the warehouse and climb a ladder. Below me I see a guy poking his head around a corner from a side room. I press my chat button to talk to him, only to realize too late that I hadn't changed my key binds and V is still step over. I hop the railing and fall a good twenty feet, breaking both my legs. The man and two of his friends come out to help me. I bandage my wounds while the strangers kill the zombies.

"Your legs broken?" one of them asks.

"Yeah," I say, "got any morphine?"

"No."

My heart sinks a bit.

"What should I do, then?" i ask.

"Not much you can do. I'm sorry."

The stranger, who moments ago had saved my life, puts his pistol to my head and fires.

A new life, my second. Once more on a beach. I see what looks like a hanger to my north, and make for it. I crawl through the tall grass, keeping an eye out for any threat. I find a corpse along the way. Alice pack, double barrel shotgun, an axe, and some water. All mine now. I bury the body.

"Hey, Vagabond." a voice says from somewhere nearby.

Crap.

"There's a sniper on the control tower. I'm behind you, in the grass. I'm unarmed. Could you take him out."

I look up and see the sniper, he crawls back from the edge more, out of my line of sight.

"If we sneak up there, I can get him." I say.

We make our way up the tower, but by the time we get there, the sniper was gone.

My new friend, Ozone, tells me he's on his way to Cherno to meet a friend and I can come with him if I want.

A while later we get to Cherno, His friend is there, a guy named Mike, I think. We loot the store, and make plans to head out to the north and eventually to Berezino. My new friends head out the back door while I pause for a second to organize my inventory.

"Crap!" one of them yells.

I hear shots.

"What's up?" I ask. "You guys okay?"

A man walks in the back door, at first i think he's Mike.

"Where's Ozone?"

I notice his alice pack. Mike was wearing a czech. I raise my gun, but to late. The rattle of gunfire is the last I hear.

Life three. I have no idea where I am at the time, though later come to learn it was Elektro, and once again I am almost immediately set on by zombies, I run into a fire station, slamming the doors shut behind me. I head up the stairs, desperate for any weapon. I find an AK. My lucky day. I stand at the top of the first flight of stairs and kill what seems like a hundred zombies, though according to the counter it was only 21. In good spirits I finish looting the station, a good haul too. Weapons and provisions enough to get me to another town. I make my way north to the wood line, dodging zombies along the way. As I crest a small hill I pause under a bush to check my back trail. I hear a small zipping sound and fall to the ground. Dead.

My fourth life finds me starting near Cherno. I could see the city off in the distance to my left, so I set off in that direction, going at a nice crouched run, dodging from bush to bush. After a few minutes I hear what I think is a car outside my window, only to realize that it is, in fact, in game. I burst into a sprint and at the last possible second turn a sharp right and dive for prone. I didn't quite make it and the car ran over both my legs, shattering them and leaving me bleeding, but alive.

The car stops and a man gets out holding a shotgun, he walks over to me, slowly and points the gun at my face.

"Game over, buddy." he says to me.

I try to tell him I have nothing, but he doesn't give me the time.

The last thing i hear is the shotgun going off and, for the briefest of moments, the slug tearing through my face.

Game over indeed.

Life five. I wake up, though for once I'm not on a beach. I'm in the middle of a vast and empty plain. Confused I pick a direction and head off. After what feels like ages, I see trees in the distance, and a town beyond. I'm starving, and so thirsty it hurts. I see a store. Tossing caution to the wind I run for it. Z's notice me and give chase, but i don't care. If there's a gun inside I'll kill them, if not, then i figure I'm not long for this world anyway. I burst through the door, there's a can of coke and some beans on the floor. Forgetting the Z's I drink the coke and pocket the beans. Behind a shelf at the back of the store I find a Makarov and two clips. I pick it up quickly, noticing a movement by the door. I pause for a moment; it's another player. A woman. "Friendly" I say, while simultaneously loading a magazine. The pop of her AK is the last thing I hear.

I've died many times now, and have learned something new with each passing life. But few have seemed as story worthy as these first few.

• Like 1

One time running to electro my body glitched up in the air and fell broke legs and bleeding out with only 2k life left.

Was crushed between my tent and a tree, hit for 7k damage, broken leg, bleeding and knocked out.

almost survived, then it happen again "OH C'MON"

was so pissed

lol exactly the same happend to me O,o

Found an ak and 1911 and had enough supplies to last two days. Finally made my way to pavlovo and snuk around to the supermarket. I had allready planned my way further into the woods but then there was some douchebag who sniped me just as I was sneaking to the supermarket. Had 3 days of survival wasted..

dude, the EXACT same thing happened to me this morning... prob got killed by the same douche

lol i hate vehicles, yet love them at the same time. at the end im like i hate this game haha

I found my first tent and pitched it. Went to crawl into it and log off for the night. Broke my body.

Fast forward a month later, to yesterday. I found a Ural on the road and got excited. I checked around for other people, but the coast seemed clear. I walked up to the truck, but then it started bouncing up and down like it had ghetto hydraulics and crushed me.

My friend and I approached a zombie as we were traveling around, middle of the day, hatchets out. Routine. We both come up to the zombie and hack at it. I kill it, then drop dead. My buddy starts freaking out, thinking that we were getting sniped. I said, "Hey, check your murder tally."

"What? I didn't ki-- Oh. Crap. Sorry..."

It was our second life too, we had both survived for probably about two days on our characters. He died a few minutes later as he ran into an actual player with a machine gun. Because we're so dangerous with our hatchets...

I was traveling from guglovo to gorka, I just entered the forest when i here my cellphone ring, its my gf, I answer and look at the screen..You are dead.

Beacuase the worst thing is not knowing.

I sat on a bus bleeding to death because I couldn't get my mic to work, so the driver couldn't hear me asking for help. :lol:

It was my second life, as the first one was wasted running from zeds outside of Cherno. Keep in mind this was before I really got a feel for the map's layout.

I had been running through the forest for a while, trying to find a small town or something to stay in, since I had been injured earlier and had lost a bit of blood. I came upon what looked to be a small industrial site consisting of an incomplete three-story concrete building, and a small shack next to it. I took shelter in it, because it was pitch black outside, and I was hoping to find a decent weapon to replace my hatchet. Luckily for me, I found a Remington 870 on the ground floor, and a couple stacks of shells a floor above.

Settling in for the night, I went up to the third floor (one beneath the rooftop) and ate a meal of canned beans and Coca-Cola. Maybe about 30 minutes after getting comfortable, I heard the crunch of gravel on one of the lower levels. I took up my shotgun, thinking a zombie had wandered in. My senses were on high alert as I made my way down to where I heard the sound, and brought my shotgun up to my shoulder. The sound was getting louder as I wandered down a hallway, and it occurred to me how it sounded like someone was searching the building, scavenging for items like I did just half an hour earlier. I turned the corner into a doorway leading into one of the building's larger rooms, and ran headlong into something covered in grass and leaves.

I think I scared the guy as much as he scared me, because when we ran into each other, he opened up with his rifle as I backed away. He hit me once, and I was bleeding, so I ran. The whole time, my character was freaking out due to him running really low on blood, which didn't make me feel any better while I tried finding a hidden spot to get patched up. I found a spot, and started throwing bandages on, hoping to stave off the bleeding until I found a blood pack. The guy I ran into moments earlier found me, and it was my turn to freak out.

Despite seeing the muzzle flash, I didn't hear the rifle fire over my desperate yells of "FRIENDLY! I'M FRIENDLY!!"

The last thing I saw was the guy approaching my body cautiously, to see if what he had done was worth it.

So it's a pleasant Saturday afternoon in game and the sun is shining. I am lucky enough to be offered a lift by Teairra in a help to any patients I may have for the next few hours- but patients have a way of vanishing when I am mobile. So I decide to sit down in the grass in this delightful field and enjoy a little picnic. I have a steak and a soda, and then alt tab out to check the thread.

All the while I am chatting to Teairra who is just waiting for me in the heli. I spend a while replying to patients and tab back in just in time to see the only zombie on this deserted server enjoying a picnic of his. Let's face it, I deserved it. T flew me back to my corpse to loot my gear back- good. T laughed long and loud and made that chopper a temple to my shame- not so good.

I didn't die on this one, but I would have had the server not borked and respawned me in Cherno the next time I logged in...

I was in a deer stand, checking my map on where I wanted to go next. I go to hit the CTRL key, and accidentally clip Z. Despite being stationary, crouched and in the map, this makes my character decide to do a superman dive out of the deer stand.

Next thing broken legs, miles from anywhere, no morphine.

As I said, had the game not put me on the coast I wouldn't have been able to crawl to a hospital, and therefore I would have died.

2 ways here.

Was on overwatch near Elektro and laid near a bush. As my friend was leaving I stood up and apparently the bush was a hardcore mofo and insta killed me.....

Second one. Got into a firestation in Cherno only for a player to walk in (unarmed) asking if I'm friendly. Next thing, I get about a second or 2 of lag and suddenly he's shooting at me with a revolver! Must've had it in his bags or something. Sucks to be trusting!!

Opened the gate which leads to 4 deer stands under Balota airfield and it smashed me against wall and broke my bones. I was sitting there with pistol, 0 bandages, broken bones and bleeding waiting for my end :(.

I was a freshly spawned player, I was rummaging around looking for a weapon and some guy with a ghillie suit and a AKS Kobra came running at me yelling friendly and shooting at the same time.... -____-

One time one of my friends was sitting in the outhouse outside Devils Castle and we closed the door on him and he dropped dead XD

Sniping a hacker who just server jumped to bandage, only to have him port back in seconds later behind us with a new as50 to put a bullet in my head, thus ruining my 20 kills.

Was walking through thick woods, there was only ~15 people on the server I didn't think anyone would see me. I was on my way back from the NW Airport after getting more stanag sd mags and pistol ammo & found plentiful medical supplies. Just walking as it turned dark I was screwing with my flashlight on my G17 and I hear gunshots out of nowhere and start sprinting like the chicken I am and died.

And raged last night after finding an m14 & m16a4 ACOG in the same building and was walking through a field and got sniped. Wish I could find a sniper rifle.. ;)

This just happened to me.

i had just killed a guy, that I and my 2 cousins spotted around Pustohka, when suddenly a zombie comes up behind me, i press c, to stand up and run into the forest to chase it of, as i had only my sniper rifle, and a pistol without ammo, but while trying to stand up, i get hit by the zombie, and instantly break my legs, and go unconscious and die. all by one hit.

my cousins where near me and where like "wtf" and they did not hear a shot or anything, so it couldn't have been anything beside the zombie.

I accidentally rolled off a roof and fell to my death. I had some seriously nice gear but when I got back to my body, it had all been taken by some nearby git. I had a quick sniff around and managed to locate the aforementioned git, only to be shot by the same sniper who had shot him.

Facepalm.

found a chopper... first chopper ever, all green looking amazing glory day chopper

no fuel in it dough

took all the jerry cans i could find, all 7 of them.. filled up the chopper thinking let's rock and roll this server, let the good times roll

30 seconds later i was dead in a chopper crash... run out of fuel

I was running through the woods, came to a road. Before coming out of the woods I gave a quick look around and saw no zombies. I ran up the road for about 15 seconds, then all of a sudden, a shock, my screen goes gray, then the famous, YOU ARE DEAD. I'm almost certain it was a sniper, but I never heard a sound. This was my first go around and had no loot, so no disappointments.