Sign in to follow this  
soapmak3r

Alternative Creepy Music for DayZ

I'm posting this here because the 'suggestions' forums are continually flooded with utter crap 24/7, and besides getting very positive feedback so far, the thread keeps getting lost within minutes...

Alternative Creepy Music for DayZ

If you think that this music would be good in the game, please support the linked thread and help me get the attention of Rocket or the other devs.

Cheers! :)

I agree, I muted the ear raping music they have in the mod defaulty. Needs something good

any music in general will interfere with the in-game effects..

personally (i am sure a lot of other ppl feel the same) if there is someone wading through the grass next to me I want to be able to hear it clear as day before he shoots me in the face.

any music in general will interfere with the in-game effects..

personally (i am sure a lot of other ppl feel the same) if there is someone wading through the grass next to me I want to be able to hear it clear as day before he shoots me in the face.

Obviously the music has to be subtle. The idea I had is that music would be dynamically triggered in certain instances.

For example, if a bandit/murderer is within a certain distance of you, or you hear gunshots near by, a variation of the 'paranoia' theme could trigger...

Or...You are prone, creeping through an area filled with zombies, another variation of a theme plays...

Or, you aggro a zombie, or attract a horde, and another, more frantic theme variation would play.

You find a chopper crash or enter a military base, a variation of a more military theme starts to play.

Travelling through the wilderness, more melancholic themes could be triggered etc.

This way, the music acts as a cue and heightens the immersion, rather than takes away from it. there is a lot of scope for it in game.

I think most people turn the music off in-game at the moment because it gets repetitive very quickly due to the lack of variety.

Edited by soapmak3r

I'd be all for this if I didn't play with my music shut off. Too many times that loud industrial crashing sound would play and scare the shit out of me in a high pressure situation.

I think its a great idea and I hope its in the final product. Those who are against can and will regardless turn off all music. The way you described the way the music triggers reminds me of other games I've played. It really added to the mood. Granted those games were a lot more forgiving than DayZ...

I muted all in game music anyways. Makes it easier to hear people sneaking or moving and gun shots from a distance.