Sign in to follow this  
Stephen101

Things to make DayZ more user friendly and less annoying

I am going to list a few issues I have with the game and suggest how they could be improved upon. I don't know if some of these were suggested already becuase of the obvious annoyance with them but my suggestions are as followed...

1. It would be nice if players didn't have to DROP a handgun in order to equip the flashlight. It would be so much easier to be able to switch out the flashlight/handgun within the inventory without having to actually drop one or the other on the ground. On the other hand, it would also be nice if the player could wield both the flashlight and handgun at the same time somehow. At least just make it so you can switch between the flashlight and handgun more easily.

2. I would like to see a "jump" feature implemented. It would add to the realism of the survival aspect when running from crazed zombies and jumping over debris in your way without having to slooooowly stop, then vault over them as slow as a caterpillar.

3. Please make players be able to swim faster!

4. It would be nice for items to stack in your inventory instead of taking up an additional slot. It would make having a large backpack make more sense and make survival a little more feasible and realistic. However, in order to make this feature balanced, stacked items should have a max stack limit of 3 or so.

5. I know this game is in alpha stage, but i think the overall mechanics and movements of things are pretty clunky, smoothing things out a bit would help make gameplay more ideal and maybe even more scary if ragdoll effects were added to deaths of players and zombies. It is annoying when you kill a zombie but they stand still for a second or three then fall down. It would save more bulltets :)

6. Make more buildings more accessible and more detailed (i.e. furniture and what not)

7. Lastly, this game would be way more fun if you could group up with other players somehow, like a party or something, then be able to spawn on your friends after dying. I know this goes against the survival aspect a bit, but i spent the first couple days of this game looking for my friend and just dying due to being alone and unarmed. Playing with other players is really fun but it is just way too hard to have to look for them especially when you have no way of finding them via a map or compass when you first start out

These are some things that would make the game better in my opinion. Feel free to like my sugestions or hate them :)

• Like 1

Love these ideas.

To be honest, out of all of these, I'd like to see more accurate ragdoll physics the most. I don't want to see Fallout style ragdolls or anything like that, I just want entities to show their death animation right when they die, not a few seconds after.

Additionally, yeah, there should be a jump feature. Vaulting should be adapted into a feature where you can climb over fences or something, but you should be able to jump right over a tiny fence almost instantly.

Nice job on the ideas.

1: yes, you should be able to hold them the same way you hold a tac knife with a pistol in most fps games.

2: i would rather they just make it so that the vault animation only happens when crouched or standing still and when running / sprinting it would do a quick leap, similar to how battlefield allows you to leap over hurdles (not fanboyism, this is just one of the few things i really like about bf3, it's effective and realistic.)

3: only if the zombies swim faster aswell

4: not sure where you are going with that, but the only things i would let stack are the already stackable shotgun rounds and hopefully crossbow bolts

5: that is mostly a case that, no offence intended, the arma dev team is not as talented as other modern games devs such as valve or Infinity ward in making the game and animations run smoothly for the player. maybe the arma 3 engine that they are hoping to make the standalone DayZ on will be much smoother? who knows

6: agreed, too many buildings, too few open doors.

7: I would like it if you were able to spawn with either a compas or map to make it easier to find other players, either that or just beef up the map and compas spawn rates (because i find GUNS more often than i find a way to know where i'm going)

Ideas:

1) Full whiskey bottles & beer cans so I can drink for health and then passout.

2) Make the crowbar a pistol instead of a rifle. Sure it doesn't hurt zombies much, but it somehting to use pre-pistol.

3) Add piles of $100 bills. They don't need a use, but would add color.

4) Add airhorns & sirens. I don't care if they're static or mobie, but they would add more color.

5) Enable global chat after you find a radio.

I am going to list a few issues I have with the game and suggest how they could be improved upon. I don't know if some of these were suggested already becuase of the obvious annoyance with them but my suggestions are as followed...

1. It would be nice if players didn't have to DROP a handgun in order to equip the flashlight. It would be so much easier to be able to switch out the flashlight/handgun within the inventory without having to actually drop one or the other on the ground. On the other hand, it would also be nice if the player could wield both the flashlight and handgun at the same time somehow. At least just make it so you can switch between the flashlight and handgun more easily.

2. I would like to see a "jump" feature implemented. It would add to the realism of the survival aspect when running from crazed zombies and jumping over debris in your way without having to slooooowly stop, then vault over them as slow as a caterpillar.

3. Please make players be able to swim faster!

4. It would be nice for items to stack in your inventory instead of taking up an additional slot. It would make having a large backpack make more sense and make survival a little more feasible and realistic. However, in order to make this feature balanced, stacked items should have a max stack limit of 3 or so.

5. I know this game is in alpha stage, but i think the overall mechanics and movements of things are pretty clunky, smoothing things out a bit would help make gameplay more ideal and maybe even more scary if ragdoll effects were added to deaths of players and zombies. It is annoying when you kill a zombie but they stand still for a second or three then fall down. It would save more bulltets :)

6. Make more buildings more accessible and more detailed (i.e. furniture and what not)

7. Lastly, this game would be way more fun if you could group up with other players somehow, like a party or something, then be able to spawn on your friends after dying. I know this goes against the survival aspect a bit, but i spent the first couple days of this game looking for my friend and just dying due to being alone and unarmed. Playing with other players is really fun but it is just way too hard to have to look for them especially when you have no way of finding them via a map or compass when you first start out

These are some things that would make the game better in my opinion. Feel free to like my sugestions or hate them :)

To be truly honest with you, the only suggestion that could be implemented is the first one, adding rag dolls just isn't in the game Arma 2 and this is just a mod, it might be possible if the game goes standalone but not possible now sorry.

All yes except the last one. Instead, how about suggesting spawning with a compass?

Also, can we make to where we can use the things we put in our bags directly. rather than dropping them and taking them out one at a time?

Edited by scoopolard