Sign in to follow this  
RawrAdam

Using Dayz and wine

Hi there, I had a quick search and couldn't really find anything about it so I thought I would ask! I have a mac, and this is one of the only things I can't obviously just install on mac osx, I was wondering if anyone has installed it thorugh wine? I know I could always use BootCamp and install it that way, but I'm reluctant just because I didn't buy a mac to then install windows on it, if I have to install it I will, just a pain in the bum having to boot into either windows or OSx :)

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Trust me, as someone who tried going through the same exact experience, you're climbing a mountain in a mudslide. No one here is going to help you with that, they'll hardly tell you to just get bootcamp.

But seriously, bootcamp. Windows 8 Cunsumer Preview is free right now, and runs great (and you should be able to use it several months after Window 8 comes out proper).

Wine just doesn't get along and there just isn't enough support for Arma 2 with it.

I use Mac for music (recording and composing). Be aware why you bought a computer, since I found DayZ, I've started playing alot more video games on my laptop (something I never used to do outside The Sims and Spore).

I'd still buy a mac. ;)

Thank you for the information, I think I will just have to bootcamp then haha, and thank you for the windows 8 thing as well, makes it easier for me :)

Your help is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Adam

Yo man I have the same issue! Did it ever work on bootcamp or wine??? what are your specs aswell? I would realllllllyyyyy appreciate a response because its such a drag to buy it and then it now work! Hope you see this!

of course bootcamp works, it's just windows on apple hardware, which is fortunately compatible these days.

used to do that on my imac, but since you can't upgrade an imac, its a terrible choice for a gaming rig. i learned the hard way.

Edited by Azrail