Sign in to follow this  
HardCoreNinja7

More melee weapons?!?!

Hi, in my time with DayZ I've only seen two melee weapons. The crowbar and the hatchet. I really want more melee weapons such as:

- The Hunting Knife - Instead of only using the hunting knife to gut animals, you can use it to slash, stab, or cut your enemy's.

- Baseball Bat - Used a lot in zombie movies this should be put in and around towns. Also breaks after an amount of hits.

- Weapon Bash - Ever ran out of ammo in a fight and close to your enemy? Why not use the butt of the gun to bash your enemy? This would help a lot in close counters and maybe even save your life!

These are just a couple of ideas. If you have any more suggestions please post a reply!

• Like 1

there is only one melee weapon in the game: hatchet.

the crowbar is beyond useless.

• Like 2

Where's my chainsaw. Sure it's noisy and uses up gas like crazy, but man is it fun!

I mentioned it in another thread, the hunting knife should be able to be used as a secondary weapon since it's so small. Hatchet seems realy well balanced since it is a 1 ht kill and it takes up the primary space. Only thing I hate about it is that you can't hit shit that's up in your face, which is another reason why the hunting knife would be great. Straight up melee range, maybe 2-4 hits to kill, 1 if possibly for a backstab.

Also, crowbar is useless.

Edited by Bairhanz

Yes I agree.

Like I've seen a lot of crowbars but cannot use them.

What the hell you do with them.

More melee because their more likely to be around than guns.

I found 2 hatchets in cherno, I saw some guy with a crowbar and said "Do you want a hatchet? Because a crowbar is really weak." and he said "No thanks, I'm fine." I thought "Wow, I'm not gonna help him when he gets attacked."