Sign in to follow this  
Chewbacca Jesus

The Best Time I've Ever Had While Playing DayZ - Worth A Read.

Ok, I've only been playing this game and DayZ since it went on sale, but already I'm addicted - and the story I'm about to tell was possibly the most fun I've had in a videogame for a very, very long time.

So my buddy and I spawned just outside of Cherno after a reasonably succesful playthrough the night before (we had aquired some good loot from the NW Airfield and Stary, specificaly an M4A1 CCO, an M16A2 grenade launcher and an SVD camo, which had no ammo). Having ransacked the nearby Hospital for medical supplies, we decided to head back up north towards Stary, then onward unto the Airbase. About half way towards Stary, low and behold - a crashed Heli. Now, the day before this I had been moaning that my SVD was out of ammo, and how I disliked the scope on it and would prefer a DMR. What do I find? Not one, but 3 DMRs by the Heli. Holy tits on a sandwich I was ecstatic. Having had a cheeky wee wank over my newfound fortune, we yet again proceeded towards Stary, finding little in the way of weapons but lots in the way of sustenance. I promptly filled my little Alice backpack to the seems of fuckin baked beans and shit, and we were off.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. We reach the airbase from the south side where the Barracks behind the trees are. Me being the designated Marksman, I go to the slightly open plain so I can get a good look at the hangars, Firestation and Runway. My buddy was just about to haul his sweet ass into the barracks when I spotted it - two ghillied players agroing some motherfucking mythbusters. I promptly shite myself, as I thought they were looking right at me. I hit the deck, my pal does the same. Sweet lord and mary, the haven't spotted me. They form a Human-centipede esque crawling formation towards tree barracks. I take the shot. Hit. He's bleeding. Not dead. Shit.

They both leg it into the forrest, and like the fucking chameleon seaweed monsters they are - I lose them. After what seemed like a day(Z - hahahahahaha) of scanning the tree-line, I spot one of them with his massive binoculours out - lieing about 2 feet away from my friend. I tell him where he is and unloads a fucking whirling dervish of bullets at the ground. Having turned his face into mashed potatoes, I spot the final little bastard promptly shiting himself, but can't take the shot since he ran behind a wall. "Brrrrrr...". What the tits was that. Turned out, the boy had gotten on a cheeky wee dirtbike. It was going to take all my ability as a crap marksman to get him.

I aim...I move the scope...adjust the trajectory...calibrate some shit...and...miss.

He's off. Into the night like a wounded pelican straying back to its nest full of pelican nurses.

I walk over to the body that's not be looted yet. NVG. Silenced M4A1. DMR Mags. Success.

That, my friends, was the best experience I've ever had in Dayz. Such fun. Almost as good as the teabag after the carnage.

Edited by Chewbacca Jesus
  • Like 4

Cool story..

Would have read but with all the full retard posts lately, threads like these tend to get moved to the bottom.

Good stuff, I'm glad you've been having some good experience in the game. I just wish that others could experience them as well.

Me and my group have yet to have a PvP experience, we've been going PvE for about a week just surviving and gathering resources and some weapons. Now we're prepared just in case we run into PvP situations.

I would've appreciated the story more if you didn't write it with a 12 year old persona.

Cool though, I guess.

I would've appreciated the story more if you didn't write it with a 12 year old persona.

Cool though, I guess.

Well, I thought I'd try liven it up a little bit. So many of these stories have a 'and then we did this and the we did this and this happened' feel, it all becomes a bit stale.

"Cheeky wee wank", "agroing mythbusters" hahahahaha

Thanks for the laugh, man. Cool stary, sobroh.