Sign in to follow this  
W1Z22

Helicopters are coming back in 1.7.2.4 what are your thoughts?

i didnt get a chance to play dayz when they were on so im very curious as to what everyone will do.

i hope me and my group will get one and lead helicopter attacks to the couple other enemy groups

i just hope the helicopters dont lead to people camping spawns with them

I love helicopter personally and I'm really excited :D. The only issue i have is that hackers could kick you out of the heli and that would make you die. I spent 10 hours on ARMA practicing piloting so I could pilot one for my group :P

I'm going to hit the crash sites and find a fly swatter. That's what I think.

Yay more helicopter crashsites! Aww to bad those dont spawn loot. :(

Sure they do! The people flying the helicopter have loot on them. Often better than the other helicopter crash sights! =D

Sure they do! The people flying the helicopter have loot on them. Often better than the other helicopter crash sights! =D

True, but I have yet to find a body at a crash site. I think that they get thrown from the copper. Or just get disintegrated.

Since my last post was just more excitement. I can't wait to use them for dust off and scout ops. They are gonna be a bitch to hide and maintain, but it's going to add a whole new experience for my team at least. Gonna start filling up the truck with 30 jerry cans now. Hello fuel runs.

You can still see them if you want - there are many hackers still using them.

I've seen a bunch of A10's, no hacked Helis, no ABRAMS rolling down the MSR.

Who cares.

Was that a question or a statement? If it was a question then the answer is the vast majority of people who play DayZ care because helicopters profoundly impact the game.

True, but I have yet to find a body at a crash site. I think that they get thrown from the copper. Or just get disintegrated.

I found 3 bodies a couple days ago from what I have now concluded was a hacker's helicopter. The buddy who was with me made a thread about it...

But I can't find it. Oh well.

Found it!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/36065-watching-a-helicopter-crash/

Edited by Ujinty

Been waiting for helis for a while, will make big camps obsolete tho, does the radar still work while in helicopters hiding any kinda vech form people with helis will be impossible now lol.

Aside form getting around really fast they dont give much of an advantage and the risk/ reward might not be worth it with how hard they are to pilot well lol. I forsee many rage posts about howheli controls are broken and "I lost such and such gear because x happened when we were flying in heli" LOL

Been waiting for helis for a while, will make big camps obsolete tho, does the radar still work while in helicopters hiding any kinda vech form people with helis will be impossible now lol.

Aside form getting around really fast they dont give much of an advantage and the risk/ reward might not be worth it with how hard they are to pilot well lol. I forsee many rage posts about howheli controls are broken and "I lost such and such gear because x happened when we were flying in heli" LOL

Patch notes say RADAR is gone.