Outsider (DayZ)

Some zombies in the woods/up north.

After having played this mod a hell of a lot. I think going up north is not challenging enough at all. Forests should be a dangerous place, however zombies never spawn in them. You can run from one end of the map to the other through the forests and not see a single zombie which I find to be a little silly.

There doesn't have to be lots, but a few more zombies in the countryside/up north would be nice. They seem to only be in the towns and villages which is a shame. There needs to be more survival, especially in woods etc. Anyone else??

Yup I concur with that idea. I think it'd be awesome stumbling through the woods at night whilst being chased by zombies. The woods are rather dull at the moment they need an element of risk to them.

I like the mentality of living "safely" in the forests and having to venture into dangerous territory (Towns) to resupply.

A few stragglers in the forests would however add something interesting; A survivor having to shoot one or two Zed’s would sound off hes position to other survivors, good and bad :)

I say not zombie people but zombie animals, although I don't think arma has any predatory animals in it that would suit. Being chased by zombie rabbits wouldn't really give the impression of fear. But wild boars would be good, those babies could tear people up pretty good and are low enough to the ground to be accidentally stumbled apon.

The time it takes to get up North is the challenge, because when you're 2/3 north of the map you're pretty paranoid about dying and respawning in Kamenka.

The time it takes to get up North is the challenge' date=' because when you're 2/3 north of the map you're pretty paranoid about dying and respawning in Kamenka.

[/quote']

I agree with that.

My schedule means I only have time to get on the servers when it's night time on all of them, and added zombies to the mix of a pitch black forest would be more exasperatingly annoying than challenging. I'm already worried about players acting like they're playing a free-for-all deathmatch game, rather than a survivalist game--so I stick to the forests where I have cover and am less detectable by night vision.

What would zombies be doing walking around an empty forest anyhow? If they want brains or flesh or whatever, they know the best place to find them is near civilization.

Zombies in the woods sure, random stragglers wandering around, as for animals yes we should have hostile animals, wolves, stray dogs, and bears,

Stray dogs near or in cities on their own, wolves in packs in woods, and bears on own perhaps guarding a small gathering of food and such it's gotten a hold of.

Like the zombies make allot of noise and can be avoided or confronted, plus animals can be gutted for meat thou attacking a pack of wolves may not be smart.

And of course they shouldn't be VERY big in numbers, like current wildlife they should be few and far between.

I like the idea of dangerous (probably also zombified) animals in the woods. But regular zombies dont make much sense there.

Stalker online has some rather terrifying mutant bears (they're gigantic and very hard to kill), those would be awesome.

This has all been suggested a few times before.

My suggestion for zombies in the woods is simple... They are migrating towards the coast from the rest of the continent in search of fresh food. Chernarus has some of the last survivors on it (mostly on the coast) and this would also help explain why zombies keep showing up around towns that by this time should be pretty zombie free (all the local zombies wiped out).

Spawn them off the map (the dry land edges of course) and give them a little shove towards the coast. If they bump into players, villages, bases, farms, or other built up areas that's where they can stay. If the area already has a bunch of zombies then they bounce off and continue their trip.

Not suggesting all zombies spawn out there, just some of them.

I would actually like to see zombies in packs or hordes traveling about. Not many, but seeing the occasional horde shuffling through the woods or a field would be cool.

I never want random zombies in woods. Keep them in and near cities.

It's a challenge enough to have to brave other players and zombies in cities to resupply. To have to worry about zombies you'll never be able to see in a pitch black forest is the polar opposite of fun in every universe imaginable.