Sign in to follow this  
tbartoli13@iskl.edu.my

There are jets and aeroplanes

I can't wait to start my first Chernarus Airline and transport people for Beans across the map ...

in real life airports but not in the game,

do you think these modes of fast transpo will ever be added if the map gets enlarged?

Honestly it'd be pretty cool if they put a jet or a airplane in the mod.

there is no need for flying vehicles in this game. Arma has them, but this is a zom(bandit)bie apocalypse.

do you think these modes of fast transpo will ever be added if the map gets enlarged?

In the post apocalyptic world, where does jet a-1 come from? and the spares to operate a jet? and the expertise to service said aircraft? I can just about comprehend there being spare tyres/engines and such but spare military hardware????

Well since Rocket wants to implement a skill system into the game, maybe flying could be one?

It could be super hard to get a jet together, but it just gives a really hard "end game" possibility for those who get bored by having everything!

No, I see no logical reason to have any, it isnt a war sim

It really wouldnt fit the feel of DayZ. There is another Zombie mod based on ARMA2 that is more of an "action fps" that has all of the vehicles like jets, tanks, ect in it. DayZ is less action oriented and more survival oriented.

No, I see no logical reason to have any, it isnt a war sim

Implying jets would be armed.

I believe he's talking about a situation where DayZ has expanded in size to the point where ground vehicles, especially foot, would take ages to get from one side of the map to the other. Rocket has expressed interest in greatly expanding the size of the map in the future, probably sometime after the game goes standalone.

At this point I feel an unarmed, incredibly difficult to fix and operate aircraft would be necessary and a good addition to the mod. That point is far off, though.