Boomz

FPS Breakdown

I'm having some issues with my video performance on this game. I've started playing normally today morning and after an hour it was almost impossible to play because it was too laggy. I'm using a Gtx 560 TI and I started playing on High/Max Resolution settings without any problem but after some time I had to put it down to Medium, but as time passed, it was getting worse and worse. I restarted the game and everything was fine again, but FPS is still falling over time and I have to reset the game after 40 minutes - 1 hour.

Is anyone having the same issue? Is there any way to fix it? Help me please? D:

youre not alone , this game is poorly optimized even my pc cant run it always 40fps. In cherno i hardly get 25fps .... of course i did a lot of guides,tweaks for better performance but it seems to me that you cant increase your overall performance in the game just by changing 6 settings ...

My pc :

GTX 570 EVGA Superclocked

WIN 7 64BIT

RAM 4GB CORSAIR 1333MHZ

ENERMAX 625W PRO 82+

ASUS P6T DELUXE

I7 920 2.67GHZ @ 3GHZ

It is the mod... since it is alpha, the dev time arent really working on it (that starts in the beta stage) that's why for the time being the server restart every 6-8 hours. Turning the quality down won't make any difference :)

What makes the real lag is vegetation, after setting it to very low i :

-See campers better becouse i have less grass.

-Rarely have any lag, and i have a gts 450 and play on 1680x1050 with medium settings but with this set to low, usually get around 30-40 fps

I run the game on 60-70fps maxed out with a year old rig:

I5 2500k @ 4ghz

8gb 1300mhz ram

2x geforce 460 @ 830mhz each

win 7 ulti

its a fix you can do with the game in the documents folder: C:\Users\"WHATEVER"\Documents\ArmA 2

open ArmA2OA.cfg and ArmaA2.cfg with notepad and switch these values to the following:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

it makes the game run much smoother, and you wont see any difference in graphic quality

Edited by Kerobi

Running a GTX 670 and a Phenom II X4 980 and do not get any fps problems.

I don't run fraps or anything(as i just pay too much attention to the fps then. :P) but my game stays smooth all the time and ive never noticed any lag.

Though when i played with my old 560ti I did get a massive decrease in cities and around buildings/structures(the more was there, the more the fps went down), but I blame the game for that as it is very unoptimised. Also weird is that when I used to go to a city(on the 560ti) the fps would go down, but so would the GPU usage, it was like it used it less when it needed it more. lol.

the game has a tencendy of heating GPU's more than other games i've played, so that might be why some are experiencing bad fps after a long time playing. My comp has turned off because of this once.

I run a GTX 550 TI, quad core, with 12 gigs of ram. On most servers, I can run graphics on high without a touch of lag. But last night, I joined a server where the FPS was around 5 and I could hardly move. I was in one of the cities.

It could very well be server specific.

I run a GTX 550 TI, quad core, with 12 gigs of ram. On most servers, I can run graphics on high without a touch of lag. But last night, I joined a server where the FPS was around 5 and I could hardly move. I was in one of the cities.

It could very well be server specific.

Indeed. I have joined loads of servers where i experienced a lot of lag, whilst others gave me none. I think it has to do with how much they look after their server. I found that servers that restart regularly had less/no lag. It is usually best to go to a few servers before you start playing to see which one is best. You will nearly always find a good one with enough looking.

the game has a tencendy of heating GPU's more than other games i've played, so that might be why some are experiencing bad fps after a long time playing. My comp has turned off because of this once.

This is actually weird to me. I have always encountered the opposite. My GPU temp would be usually low, along with its usage. I felt with how unoptimized the game is that it must not be using the full potential of the users GPU. This would happen an aweful lot in cities and around structures for me also. I never knew it was doing the opposite to others(overheating).

First of all it can be server dependent. I normally have 30-35fps but there where some servers with 5fps for me.

What helped me at least gain over 30fps was:

Vsync = off

Abufilter = low

Antialiasing = off

object detail = low

shadows = off/low

post process = low

I also changed some fpsvalues to 1 in the arma 2 and arma 2 oa config files.

That and other stuff is explained in the link below

http://dayzmod.com/f...se-performance/

Performance degrease over time happens sometimes to me and a server disconnect and reconnect helps.

Downside is that it looks like you are using this alt+f4 move, but well.

Your harddrive may also cause lower fps, making more free space on it/defrag may help.

I should mention that Arma II and Arma II AO run smoothly on my system on highest settings with 50-60 fps.

It's a DayZ issue i presume.

There is also this weird mounted harddrive "solution", which did not work for me but might be worth trying.

Edited by Torti

I have the same card and idle around 40-60 FPS on around normal settings. Arma 2 is pretty intensive and unoptimized yet DayZ itself is even worse. I've noticed it's got slightly better for me in the recent patch, I guess we just have to deal with it.