Sign in to follow this  
nathanielflury@gmail.com

Good loot from heli

Well I was at the NW Airfield and found absolutely nothing. I found a pdw that was it... I was leaving and heading to Stary Sobor and I saw a crashed helicopter. I went and found a MK48 but with no ammo D: I tried picking it up and putting it in my backpack and it disappeared.... I then find a M14 with 3 mags and drop my kobra with 8 mags for it. I then make room in my backpack and try picking up the kobra. It disappears...... Well I left with a m14 and two disappearing weapons. I am glad I picked up the M14 cause it's technically a sniper and I like to snipe. Plus it's the first sniper I've picked up in the game (I have been playing for about a month so I just have really bad luck when finding a sniper).

M14 is not technically a sniper.....its an assault rifle

It's not an assault rifle since it's full rifle caliber. It's just a rifle. (New term for this is battle rifle.)

A primary gun needs 10 empty backpack spaces to store. If you try to put it in a backpack that doesn't have 10 spaces free, it will disappear.

Edited by Tigger

Our two squads have been to two seperate heli crashsites at the same time, on the same server,

very close to each other at NWAF.

Both squads found NV googles and a silenced bizon.

Our crashsite even has been looted before.

If you loot a crashsite, you don't leave NV googles there >.<

yet have not looted a L85 myself. after loosing the first one i found in a camp to the 1.7.2 flush, a friend gave me another one.

its too sexy to loose, i now fear to login to that char and find my hands empty because some bugs robbed my gun :(

mk48 is a beast too, had one once and it was a blast. lost it in sobor shortly after :P

I had 10 spaces though which sucked....

if things you try to put in your pack vanish, they are not gone, they spread around you on the floor, you can still find it and pick it up.

Edited by Azrail

Go to the dayzwiki.com and look at the snipers. It says it is :P

Dayz Wiki....just cause a game says its a Sniper Rifles doesn't mean it is.

It's not an assault rifle since it's full rifle caliber. It's just a rifle. (New term for this is battle rifle.)

A primary gun needs 10 empty backpack spaces to store. If you try to put it in a backpack that doesn't have 10 spaces free, it will disappear.

You are correct typo on my part. However, "New" term is not battle rifle, technically its the old term as the M14 was the last of the US Battle Rifles ;)

When i found my first heli crash site, it had such bad loot, but i guess its randomly generated not DayZ trolling me... lol xD

I had 10 spaces though which sucked....

You have to make sure you have room for the ammo in the pile.

AK with 2 mags gonna need 12 slots free.

Gah, I've played this game for several weeks now. Mostly traveling through forests and open fields, and yet not once have I spotted a downed heli.

I feel so left out :(

• Like 1

The first time i spotted and looted a crash site was in the nw airfield, sitting right next to the air traffic control tower. It was probably looted, because it was in the middle of one the most popular area in the game, and it only had a heat pack, and something else. I was surprised that i was sniped after crawling toward the downed chopper in the middle of an open field for 5 minutes