Sign in to follow this  
PlixPlaxPlox

Closed houses

My opinion is that every house should be accessible. Dont know is it possible to modify, but it breaks immersion when you go to certain house for loot and you notice door cant be opened.

Not much the mod creators can do about that, short of populating the entire game world with new architecture. The game environment is what it is. I don't think there are too few enterable structures, but more of them need loot.

I don't know if this is even possible since the buildings are part of the Chernarus map. The only way this could probably be fixed is that the Bohemia devs would cooperate in this :P

Just use your imagination and see it as a 'locked' house.

IF this is possible however, I'd like to see more enterable houses, but I think it will be very unlikely.

This would be really, really awesome. Not just for looting; also because you could use that lone house in the middle of nowhere as your home base when playing with friends.

I think it would definitely be possible, but a hell of a lot of work. The models for the houses would all need to be replaced with modified houses that are openable. There seems to be around 10-20 unique houses in ARMA, I think it would take a couple of days work to get one house looking nice and setup with furniture, doors etc., so in total it would be a few weeks of work.

Someone who is a wiz at 3D modelling, especially architecture, could volunteer to modify all the unopenable houses. I'm sure Rocket would use them if they're done well, he seems like a nice guy.

Otherwise, just wait. This seems like something Rocket would do eventually anyway, because it's a good idea. Good ideas kind of seem to be his thing ;P

I'm pretty sure this can't happen, due to the way that Arma 2 works :/ However, I'm told that Arma 3 (which DayZ is reportedly being updated for) has fully enterable buildings.

wouldnt making every building accessible put the physics score through the roof?

What has this to do with physics?

OT: I wish it could be changed, but I don't think it's possible without editing the map.

I'm pretty sure this can't happen' date=' due to the way that Arma 2 works :/ However, I'm told that Arma 3 (which DayZ is reportedly being updated for) has fully enterable buildings.

[/quote']

Hmmn... I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it would seem strange to me that ARMA 2 can have entire new maps made for it as modifications but changes to existing maps are impossible. That just doesn't seem right. I mean, even if the Chernarus map had to be redownloaded as a new, modified, DayZ version of the map, it would still be possible, right?