kerbholz

Boobytrap my backpack

I find it would be nice if players could somehow "boobytrap" (BT) their backpack.

- players need to gather ressources to build a BT to secure their backpack.

- players can gather ressources to build a tool to disarm the BT

- when another player approaches a dead player trying to loot him, he should first be able to inspect the body and (eventually) discover that the dead player's backpack is BT'd

- he then has the chance to disarm the BT (assuming he has the right tool)

- disarming the BT takes some time, so the looter will be defenseless for said time

- not inspecting a BT'd body and opening the dead body's backpack will set the BT off, stuff in the backpack will be destroyed and the looter will receive (some) damage

The problem is : When ?

If it's BTed all the time, you wouldn't be able to reach into your bag to grab something and have to go through disarming it to use it.

Hm, good question ... the BTed backpack's owner should be able to just reach into his/her own pack without setting the BT off

It should be accessable by the owner as the owner made the trap. They'd know how to bypass it I reckon this would be a kinda mmm maybe later on idea to implement. Idk if it could fully work.

Your BT cannot be complex and simple at the same time. You'd like it to be simple when you're using your bag. You'd like it to be complex when someone else's using it.

Maybe you'd have to take much more time to reach in your backpack when the BT is on (without disarming it).

And there should be chance that the BT goes off when using it yourself or running/rolling/walking.

It has to be quite dangerous imo.

sooo, what if you BT your backpack, and a member of your group needs something inside and opens it?

he dies, you die.

Yay.

No to boobytraping the backpack. God, what sane person would run with an armed explosive device in his backpack, appart from suicide bombers?

sooo, what if you BT your backpack, and a member of your group needs something inside and opens it?

he dies, you die.

Yay.

No to boobytraping the backpack. God, what sane person would run with an armed explosive device in his backpack, appart from suicide bombers?

ooooh that makes me wonder if it's possible to attach a satchel charge to a player and send him on a jihad mission lol