grandblaarg

More SVD ammo spawns please.

Just a small request regarding the SVD cammo.

I have no problem with the gun itself being incredibly rare, thats perfectly fair.

What I would like is for the ammo itself (7.62x54mmR) to spawn in a few more places,

at the moment it can only be found along with the gun itself at the NW barracks,

if the ammo could be made into a rare spawn at other buildings with military grade loot (stary tents, fire stations etc)

I would be grateful.

• Like 2

I'd appreciate more Dragunov ammo as well. Maybe it should spawn in deer stands with a low probability. I've played about 50-70 hrs by now and did not come across any SVD ammo at all! I've found my first Dragunov yesterday in a tent, but didn't pick it up because there was no ammo for that. Disappointing.

Edited by ScottyTheEngineer

BTW there must be something wrong with the spawn mechanics since AS50 ammo does spawn in deer stands and in medium value military spawns and dragunov amo does not. Who would go hunting with a .50 cal anyway?

Edited by ScottyTheEngineer

Agreed with the above.

I have seen 7.62x54R spawn in an ammo tin at a heli crash once, but even given that "increased" chance this is still by far the most rare ammo in the game. Given that MP5SD, M9SD, STANAG SD, belts for the Mk48, an other ammo types for very rare weapons can spawn in any general military location, it seems logical to have SVD ammo do the same.

Thanks for considering!

I have found plenty svd ammo on a broken car and in the NW airfields barracks, sadly i don't have the gun itself.

Just a small request regarding the SVD cammo.

I have no problem with the gun itself being incredibly rare, thats perfectly fair.

What I would like is for the ammo itself (7.62x54mmR) to spawn in a few more places,

at the moment it can only be found along with the gun itself at the NW barracks,

if the ammo could be made into a rare spawn at other buildings with military grade loot (stary tents, fire stations etc)

I would be grateful.

Spawns about 10 svd mags along with 10 of the new grenades in a UAZ up on a hill NW of gorka on the mountain of altair, (acording to dayz wiki it's these cordinates 081060) could anyone else confirm this? i've seen it on 4 servers so far.

SVD ammo can be found in 7.62mm Ammo boxes containing 10 magazines, these can spawn near crashed helis and in barracks, so no its not the most hard to get ammunition, that would be..

FN FAL Mags(only spawning with the weapon itself, andn only in crash sites, up to 0-3/weaponspawn)

12.7x99 Nato (only spawning with the weapon itself, only crash sites, up to 0-3/weaponspawn)

and Bizon ammo (only spawning with weapon itself, only crashsites, not sure but guessing 0-3/weaponspawn)