Sign in to follow this  
FUBAR1945

Blood Transfusion on yourself.

The title said for itself.

It should be allowed you to do a blood transfusuion on yourself, without the need of a friend. And of curse you wount going to "get" humanity.

My personal opinion:

Well like a good STALKER that i am, i like to travel alone, i rarelly play with friends. I would love to made a tranfusion on myself to get 12k of blood again.

Its allready to difficult to go deep in a city and take the blood pack, so i think it should be allowed to do tranfusion by yourself.

Sometimes i cant find animal life to do my barbie cue. And well passing out is not that fun you know.

blood_transfusion.jpg

Also you actually can do a blood tranfususion by yourself, without the need of a second person. It would be more realistic i think.

Sorry for the poor english :P

I'm all for it actually and I wanted to bring it up. I don't understand why it's necessary for someone else to administer it to you.

Great suggestion.

I don't understand why it's necessary for someone else to administer it to you.

Because it makes surviving alone even easier than it already is.

The "realistic" reason is that you need to elevate the bag whilst inserting the needle - hence a second person.

The "gameplay" reason is that DayZ is a social experiment - making people entirely self-sufficient with no drawbacks means that NOONE will interact, which is half the fun.

You can already gain a whole heap of blood back by murdering a cow and eating it (8x800 blood = 6400), having a 1 slot item that can instantly heal you to full would just make a mockery of cooking anything at all.

(And cooking is promoted as the need to set up a fire increases the visibility of the player leading to more chances of interactions - similarly why temperature was added, to keep warm you need to be in a building or near a fire. Both choices increase the chance of meeting another player).

Okay, if you were suffering from severe blood loss, do you think you'd be able to keep a clear enough mind to perform a blood transfusion in reality?

More than likely, you'd be delirious, as well as on the verge of passing out. Performing a solo blood transfusion would most likely cause more harm than good.

I'm with the majority on this one, the ability to transfuse yourself takes a major element of social interaction out of the game - having to find somebody to transfuse you, and trust them to do it while your back is turned, when they could just as easily take your life.

Or maybe could take a long time to made yourself a blood transfusion. Something like 5 minutes or more. Just to prevent you to instantly regenerate all your blood in a PvP or a zombie situation.

Wen someone do a blood trans, could take less time.

I like the idea of doing a blood transfusion on yourself, but there needs to be some penalty. I'm thinking you randomize the success rate. So if you do it on another player, it always works, but on yourself there is a chance you can fail. In the event of failure, the player could pass out for a minute leaving them temporarily exposed. You don't gain or lose blood, but you lose the blood pack. That could work.

And maybe in the event of success you don't get the full amount of blood, but some random percentage.

Okay' date=' if you were suffering from severe blood loss, do you think you'd be able to keep a clear enough mind to perform a blood transfusion in reality?

More than likely, you'd be delirious, as well as on the verge of passing out. Performing a solo blood transfusion would most likely cause more harm than good.

[/quote']

Fact is this is still a game, not real life. News flash: taking an injection of morphine does not instantly cure a broken leg such that you can begin a full sprint seconds later. Even as the game exists now, there are certain unrealistic elements.

While you do have a point, those risks you mention could easily be incorporated into the mechanic so that meeting up with another player is still preferred. But doing it on yourself might be a last resort to avoid certain death - like when you are at 1000 blood in the middle of a city in the middle of the night. Basically impossible to see anything - so why not give it a try?

I have to say I prefer if certain game elements keep up the need for actual player interaction. As has been mentioned, cooked meat already works well to replenish your blood supply if you're a lone wolf, so IMO the blood transfusion feature should stay as it is.

I don't like this idea. As it's been said, you can eat cooked meat to replenish your blood if you don't have anyone one around to help you, although you don't get nearly as much, which I feel is a fair trade off.

Needing two people for a transfusion is a good idea for the community because it will make people a) want to join a group within the community so they can have people watching out for them, or b) take the risk of asking strangers to help you out.

I'm against this suggestion, it feels like something that would be giving people less reason to group together. If low on blood and all by yourself just ditch the blood bags and go kill a cow or two, they give plenty blood.

If it was able to make it by yourself, it should heal less, since you kind of improvised and obviously a two person process would be more efficient.

Though I see the point on human interaction, I still have to disagree.

rocket said so many times that this game is about how you want to survive, not how you should survive. You shouldn't be forced to stick to a group if you don't want to. Surviving alone is already several ways more challenging and might be much more interesting for some people. This is why I think the bloodpacks should have at least a singleplayer function, only not nearly as effective.

And you are able to survive without being in a group, and with the penalties you suggested. Cooked meat doesn't require any assistance to heal yourself, but it doesn't heal nearly as much.

Things are already fairly balanced for either playstyle, so the bloodpacks are fine the way they are.

Yes, but the meat requires at least two other items plus having to signal your position with a fire and shooting the animal.

Bloodpack single administrated should be in beetween the meat and co-dependant administration. It won't give you off your location but won't heal properly.

Its allready to difficult to go deep in a city and take the blood pack' date=' so i think it should be allowed to do tranfusion by yourself.

Also you actually can do a blood tranfususion by yourself, without the need of a second person. It would be more realistic i think.

[/quote']

I like this Idea +1

but it needs limitations I think you should be able to give yourself a blood transfusion ONLY if you're in a hospital where they have equipment like I.V. Stands to hold the blood higher then you. only then should you be able to successfully give yourself a transfusion.

And that's the trade off.

Surviving on your own will always be more of a challenge than surviving as a group, no matter how you look at it. It's not required to group up to make significant progress, but it does make thing a hell of a lot easier, and thus encourages and rewards those who do.

From my understanding , even with the graphic icon they are not blood packs but transfusion kits, aka person to person.

The reason you need another guy to perform it is because he is the source of the blood...

Its allready to difficult to go deep in a city and take the blood pack' date=' so i think it should be allowed to do tranfusion by yourself.

[/quote']

I like this Idea +1

but it needs limitations I think you should be able to give yourself a blood transfusion ONLY if you're in a hospital where they have equipment like I.V. Stands to hold the blood higher then you. only then should you be able to successfully give yourself a transfusion.

Im pretty sure if your desperate enought you can jury rig somthing to elevate the pack