...an artist or an entrepreneur/businessman? What do you think - for the stand-alone game (not the current mod), does he still have a specific vision that he wants to realize at any cost or will he make the game that the majority of the current players want?

Most obvious difference - will he/his team take steps to support different ways of playing the game, the way most other companies do, i.e. PvP, PvE etc., to make everyone (more or less) happy or will there only be one way and a "take it or leave it" attitude? I think a lot of people got intrigued by the survival aspect of the game (based on articles on gaming sites etc), bought it, and realized that there is a significant PvP aspect to the game that conflicts with the former. I already have a bookshelf/Steam-library full of multiplayer FPS:s - I'm not really in the market for another one...and if many people think like me, the stand-alone game won't be able to sell on hype as much - it will be facing a better informed audience this time. Is there an equally large audience out there for that game?

I would personally absolutely love for them to find a way to mix the different modes and to make the player WANT to play it that way - not FORCE them to do it.

I don't envy him/the team - that must be a tough choice...you have a vision and then other people (your potential customers), with a slightly different vision, show up....what would you do?

...an artist or an entrepreneur/businessman? What do you think - for the stand-alone game (not the current mod), does he still have a specific vision that he wants to realize at any cost or will he make the game that the majority of the current players want?

Most obvious difference - will he/his team take steps to support different ways of playing the game, the way most other companies do, i.e. PvP, PvE etc., to make everyone (more or less) happy or will there only be one way and a "take it or leave it" attitude? I think a lot of people got intrigued by the survival aspect of the game (based on articles on gaming sites etc), bought it, and realized that there is a significant PvP aspect to the game that conflicts with the former. I already have a bookshelf/Steam-library full of multiplayer FPS:s - I'm not really in the market for another one...and if many people think like me, the stand-alone game won't be able to sell on hype as much - it will be facing a better informed audience this time. Is there an equally large audience out there for that game?

I would personally absolutely love for them to find a way to mix the different modes and to make the player WANT to play it that way - not FORCE them to do it.

I don't envy him/the team - that must be a tough choice...you have a vision and then other people (your potential customers), with a slightly different vision, show up....what would you do?

I dont think its that BLACK or WHITE, it is something between, and Rocket knows exactly where to go... he is still gonna make his game, that he decides whats gonna be there and what not, but at the same time, I guess he will be affected by community saying, 'we want this and we want that' and its up to him then, whether he picks its good idea or not...

While i understand that you would not like just another PVP game think about it like this.

PvP adds SO MUCH TO THE GAME. When you got decent gear and you hear someone nearby shooting or even someone shooting at you, or like when you're running and then you see a survivor the same second he sees you, everything stops for like 1 second and then you'll either murder him, get killed or become allies.

My god i've never seen such an intense game as this, really, sometimes i can see that my hands are shaking after combat. This only happends in PvP tho, it's a vital part of the game imo.

I think Rocket's some dude who created a cool mod :)

Other than that, I don't care, and I don't mean that in a rude way. I think that he didn't make this to make "friends" as such, and having a million or so people want to get to "know" you would be weird :)

While i understand that you would not like just another PVP game think about it like this.

PvP adds SO MUCH TO THE GAME. When you got decent gear and you hear someone nearby shooting or even someone shooting at you, or like when you're running and then you see a survivor the same second he sees you, everything stops for like 1 second and then you'll either murder him, get killed or become allies.

My god i've never seen such an intense game as this, really, sometimes i can see that my hands are shaking after combat. This only happends in PvP tho, it's a vital part of the game imo.

I totally agree with you :) I even get the shaking hands too, after an encounter or something like that.

• Like 1

Rocket is a mad scientist, and we are his test subjects.

I agree - the PvP aspect of the game adds A LOT to it. That's why I hope they will find a way to blend the two modes...but in a way that leads to a positive experience for everyone involved and that means giving the players control over how they play it - the ability to switch between the modes and a reason to do it as well. From a business/player satisfaction stand-point, I think that is a must. I got several friends sold on the game based on the idea of what (I thought) it was - having played it, we're now slightly burned by the fact that it's not the survival game we were hoping for. I will not make the same mistake again - I will do my homework before I help Rocket and the team sell copies of the next one. Vision vs Business. Hmm...