Sign in to follow this  
mora4al

Alternate Survivors! Immersion/Strategy idea

Survivors should be randomly spawned with the attire of some actual profession such as a cop, soldier, mechanic, civilian, doctor, hunter or anything other potential class. Their starting inventory should reflect their attire. For example, a police officers starting inventory would be a flashlight, a pistol with a few clips, a watch, and no backpack. A doctor would be spawned with a lot of medical supplies no pack, and no weapons. Civilian would be spawned with matches, some food, and a water bottle.

The spawn locations should also be based on the randomly selected class. A soldier would spawn near a military base, doctor in or around a hospital, hunter in a tree stand etc...

The class selection would have to be kept random so that everyone wouldn't just pick a soldier or a cop for the weapons. So instead of spawning in as the generic survivor on the coast you would be spawned close to wherever your survivor would logically be at the beginning. You would of course be able to find alternate clothing and backpacks so your not walking around with a doctors coat on the whole time.

In my opinion this would be a great addition to an already awesome game. It would change your whole survival strategy based on who and where you are. Not to mention help immensely with immersion.

What do you think?

• Like 1

I wouldn't feel immersed. Why should I be forced to play as someone I am not? or that I don't want to play as? Cool idea, but I would rather not play that game.

Perhaps we could have the ability to choose random or classic generic survivor?

yea good idea but i think people would just keep respawning to get ie the cop just to have the gun

I wouldn't feel immersed. Why should I be forced to play as someone I am not? or that I don't want to play as? Cool idea, but I would rather not play that game.

Perhaps we could have the ability to choose random or classic generic survivor?

yea good idea but i think people would just keep respawning to get ie the cop just to have the gun

Yeah that does present a problem. Maybe have a few servers with this ability for the people who want to play this way that tracks respawners who are obviously trying to game the systemand kicks them.

Everyone would want to be either a cop or a medic, and if they don't spawn has it?They will just kill themselves until they do.