Mako.

The Bandit Chronicles

Just for fun, i'll keep this thread updated with my exploits as a bandit , sharing stories, ranting about stupid shit, kinda like a blog. Enjoy or don't and stop reading you fuck, Also this thread is opened to other stories or even ' chronicles' or diaries :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1: Ah fuck, i thought to myself, i was in a real pickle. I always had one major problem with this game, well actually two, aside from the major problem of me freezing up every god damn minute for eight- ten seconds, i was always too greedy. I was already pretty decked out, coyote backpack filled with cooked meat, TWO yeah i said TWO MOUNTAIN DEWS!!!!!!!!, some morphines, other sodas, and some extra mags for my Ak Kobra. I had just re-logged in a forest by the NW field when i heard some shots. I thought, you know, the barracks haven't been kind to me and i have what i need until i kill someone or find a heli site. But nope, my greed of wanted me to check the barracks just one more time before i left. I took the long crawl to it and heard shots of m4a1s all the way there. All i saw was a horde of dead zombies and a dead survivor, instantly my conservation side said ' get out, get out now' but my greed took me inside to find the barracks was absolutely nothing. I cursed myself and ran the hell out of there when i heard the two worst cracks of my E-Life. The first was the bullet bursting from the barrel of the man watching me in the ATC tower, the second was my leg bone. I crawled away and scanned the horizon for the shooter. I saw him and noticed the sky was darkening, an evil idea popped into my mind. I knew i wouldn't survive even if i ran out to a town, and dcing aint my style bro, so i blitz the tower randomly shooting and threw as many flares as i could. The shooter panicked and turn his m4a1 on auto. He dumped 3 mags into the air hoping to take me and the zombies down. I took out my m1911 , shot both of his legs, ran outside only to have my leg broken by a random zed who decided to break my leg at 9000 blood AFTER i used my last morph .... Well at the time i was still pretty pissed off about ZERO ( referrence to my post A Bandit's Tale: Friendship , Lies, Betrayal) and just wanted to take someone down. The only downside to my actions? The two mountain dews would go unappreciated by some random zombie or a noob ):

Edited by Mako.
  • Like 6

Hey there Mako. If you're still looking for a group you can trust, drop me a message on steam sometime and I'll arrange a meeting on our server US-38. You seemed to have had something good going for ya before and I know how it feels to wanna skip all the bullshit and get all the fun toys. We could use another good shot. Steam name is Bloodriki

Hey there Mako. If you're still looking for a group you can trust, drop me a message on steam sometime and I'll arrange a meeting on our server US-38. You seemed to have had something good going for ya before and I know how it feels to wanna skip all the bullshit and get all the fun toys. We could use another good shot. Steam name is Bloodriki

Thanks for the offer, i'll keep you guys in mind if i figure out these lag issues with the game x.x and it seems you know me from my other post and if you do, you'll know i dont have a mic and that is a dealbreaker for most groups :/

Thanks for the offer, i'll keep you guys in mind if i figure out these lag issues with the game x.x and it seems you know me from my other post and if you do, you'll know i dont have a mic and that is a dealbreaker for most groups :/

So long as you're comfortable taking the trust-leap in meeting me and mine, the mic-less thing shouldnt be a problem. If you're as good of a shot as you say, we'll team you up with a fellow sharpshooter and he can do the talking for you. I've been looking for someone to entrust this extra shiny M107 to.

Bandit Chronicles

Day 2: The Respawn

-----------

Ah Sweet! I had spawned in kamenka , my favorite starting city. I started out north instantly, ignoring most of the deer stands along the way focusing on my run to get to zelno as fast as possible. Luckily the one deer stand i did stop at, contained an mp5 with 3 mags, a good start considering all i had was a band aid, some drugs, and a gun. When i hit Zelno i crept down to the supermarket and made out like a bandit. No pun intended. A brand new spanking alice pack filled to the brim with cans of beans , soda, all the navigation tools, hunting & cooking tools. And the fact that i killed a sniper snooping for some beans and liberated a cz rifle from him, gave me such a happy joy that i would've dropped everything for a cz and a couple of rounds. I've never been comfortable in close to mid range combat, too much risk for my blood. No ,most would know that im the type to stay behind, give enemy positions to the scouts and keep the people pinned behind that barn with a couple of well placed shots to scare them. Most people nowadays would check the tree lines of starry sobor before looting the tents and would often catch a rookie with his pants down, but thats not me, too many lessons learned that way. I would normally set up farther away from the tents themselves, and would often only have sight of the treelines and some of the tents. Some might say, hey wait a moment, if your such a good sniper, why arent you in the position to snipe people at the tents?. Well like i said before, i got killed... ALOT, just by sitting in those popular nests and having a decent player sneak up behind me whilst i was focused on a noob in the tents. So while i had my partner ZERO, i had him in the treeline where a sniper would most likely set up and then i ,myself would set up 200-300m farther back than usual, pretty much out of range of the tents.

What our tactic was that Zero would loot the tents while i provided cover, from an actual popular nest, then have him set up where i was watching him, give him a cheap rifle, and have me relocated to a very unlikely nest. We'd lure people in with him shoot a couple of rounds off and yelling in chat, ' SNIPER DOWN IN STARRY, SNIPER DOWN, LOOT LOOT LOOT' He wasn't a bad shot either, he often get more kills than me, though i was often only shooting those he couldn't see because he was already in another firefight. Well i just noticed its 3 in the morning here in san francisco, and that my battery is almost dead on my laptop, i think i'll call it quits here. Sorry guys, i realized most of this post was about the past and not very exciting, i'll try to play and get some more interesting events for you :D

Edited by Mako.
  • Like 1

Bandit Chronicles

Day 3: The freeze

-------------------------------------------

I was in desperate in need of animals, one thing i missed about a partner or a squad, no one to back you up and give you a blood bag in a pinch. My search drove me to the fields near NW field, a dangerous place for someone as ill equipped as i was. 2000 Blood and a round left for my CZ rifle, most of my ammo was spent on the train of zombies that attacked me when i fired the rifle in starry, couldn't even loot the body. I was approx. 600m from the field when i spotted a cow, i prayed , thanking god until i noticed where the cow was, right smack in the middle of a circle of trees. I could be killed so easily, a scrub with a decent eye and an enfield could do it. However i knew that the risk of the cow was a needed thing because without that 6.5k in meat, one hit from a zombie could end my life. I crawled up to the unsuspecting cow, check my mags, and used my last bullet in my m1911 and placed it squarely in the head. The cow tipped and i gutted its fleshy insides. I retreated into a treeline and immediately put up a campfire. I cooked the meat and munched on it as quickly as possible. Satisfied with 8.4k blood i headed off to the NW field to see if i could pick off a bandit or find some mags. Traveling only 100m i heard the sounds of running foot steps and the growls of a zombie train, a very long one. About 3 seconds after i stopped and scanned the treelines i saw a female run out into the pasture i had just came from and a train of 20 zombies was close behind. Checking my chamber one last time, i knew i had only one shot to kill her, on the move and if i missed, she'd be gone past the treeline out of sight and range. I didnt have time to take out my range finders so i guesstimated the distance at 100m and took sight. For the past 7 seconds ive seen her, she'd been on a steady diagonal path that would eventually bring her right in my of my line of sight. I took a steady lead with my scope and fired right before she entered the tree line which would've provided cover for her.

Right as i shot my game froze, no no no no, i thought, i tapped my keyboard hoping it'd make it better. This was suppose to be my good server, one of the very few where i don't freeze every 30 seconds, but i guess that all servers turn on me sooner or later. When my game finally unfroze, the train of zombies were halfway across the field on the way to me, the female no where to be seen and i was out of ammo. Keeping cool, i took out a smoke and m67 nade. I threw the smoke behind me, threw the m67 in the middle of the train and i bailed straight to the last known position of the female. I rearmed myself with a hatchet and sprinted like no one's business, ' Don't dc Don't Dc don't dc' i prayed, i was pretty sure i hit the player before i lagged out and hoped she didnt alt f4. My shot went too low but capped the knees, causing her to faint and bleed out. The loot was subpar, a mag for my m1911 and a bandage was all i really needed. I looked behind me and found that the zombies grew disinterested with the smoke and were already chasing me for sprinting like an idiot. I was about to run when i remembered to check the alice pack. Jackpot, i found a pair of some nvgs, mags for my CZ, but it was unusual, there was a mags for a revolver and a m24, like she had a second set of guns. I realized she was probably running from the zombies because of a firefight in which she lost her partner and she grabbed his stuff and ran when the zombies came to investigate the shots. I ran back to the outskirts of the airfield and heard the flies. I searched and found a dead ghillie in the trees. Sure enough i found that it held an m24, and a ghillie suit of course. I dropped the CZ and upgraded to the M24. I was pretty happy and was about to call it a day when i heard a shot, i immediatly crouched and was about to scanned the base when my controls didnt activate. I was frozen, standing straight up in one of the most popular places. Luckily the freeze only maintained for a few seconds and i fired some .45 rounds back at them. I limped away with 5k health and a very very annoyed attitude. Twenty fucking five dollars spent on a game and i can barely play it without risking my life cause of a stupid lag spike. oh well, it was a good day, some nvgs , a ghillie suit, and a oh so sweet m24, playing in the night time will be delicious, lag or no lag.

• Like 2

Bandit Chronicles

Day 4: Instincts

*You see, Instincts are what drive you to survive, your instincts determine if you find a can of yummy beans, or find yourself pinned down by me trying to drive a bullet into your face.*

--------------------------------------

*Global Chatter*

- Yea, bro there are 3-4 snipers teamed up in Cherno

- Confirmed, got shot down by school building

- Spotted one sniper on hill, one of tall tower silo thing

- I see them too, confirmed 3 snipers, possible fourth

- Dude, what the fuck, they have 2 guys on the ground too, silenced M4s.

- Idiots, stay out, they'll get bored if we don't feed them

- Bitch, shut the fuck up, i do what i want. *Proceeds to get shot in face*

- What the fuck you little twats, you are cunts who have no lives shooting unarmeds. *same guy*

- Wait, i think they're gone, i don't see them anymore.

Hm, a little challenge i thought as i headed to Cherno on my dirtbike. I was armed to the teeth, with a tier 2 sniper, camo gear, NVGs, rangefinders, silenced m4, and enough ammo to survival TWO zombie apocalypses. I only wanted to go to Cherno for a nice little firefight, and maybe if i was lucky, i'd get their gear and hoped they had a tier 3 rifle like a AS50. I parked my bike 1.5 km away from cherno in a little open patch of land and fast marched to the hills that overlooked the smaller hill, snipers camped out on. The server was pitch black, the bright beacons of chemlights littered the city, and booms of rifles cracked in the air as the moving beacons dropped dead. I settled in a spot where i could pretty much see all the sniping nests and could maintain cover. I took the risk to set up some wire fences around me so that i was boxed in and couldn't be ambushed easily. I sighted the hill below me first and set my sights to 300m. I took aim and slowly scanned the bushes, back and forth to look for the first victim. CRACK. The 7.62 round whizzed through the air and landed between two trees into what appeared to be a bush. Except, that in my experiences, a bush doesn't move and spew blood after being shot at. I sighted the tower quickly and looked for the second sniper. No way three snipers could be in one city without killing each other if they weren't teamed. with one teammate down, they others would be looking for me. I chambered a round when I heard the boom of a CZ in the ATC tower. I saw the sniper relocated and was trying to bait me out by shooting randomly into the hills where his teammate thought i was. I knew there was a third sniper looking for that muzzle flash when i would fire upon the bait. I quickly dismantled my box and relocated to my first victims position.

*Global Chatter*

-Dude, i think there's a counter sniper

- How the hell do you know that?

- Well, seeing that they aren't shooting me while im in the wide open, im guessing they are looking for someone

- Guys, just stay out of cherno, you're only making the problem worse by entertaining the losers.

I quickly opened his pack and took some rounds for my m24. I rummaged throughout his pack and found some m107 mags,hinting that if he was an ammo carrier, one of the snipers would have a nice rifle for me. I re-sighted my scope on the ATC tower and adjusted it to 200. I placed my crosshairs directly in his face, hoping my bullet would drop enough so it'll hit his neck and squirt like a geyser. Just as i was about to pull the trigger, i whipped my gun around and fired directly into the face of the fourth member of the squad. He was trying to eliminate me quietly, without a firefight to confirm the rumors that the squad's monopoly was quickly disintegrating. Paranoid, i quickly relocated because i knew that they had to have eyes of me to send an assassin to try and take me out. I receded back into the hills and took up a spot high in the treeline. I scanned every nook and cranny of cherno to look for a spotter or a sniper because i knew they would have someone watching me to relay the info to their oncoming death squad. A UAZ quickly drove into cherno, offloaded 2 more members and drove away. Great, even more people to search for me. I was about to give up on the search and retreat when i notice a barrel sticking out from behind a stairway. The factory area with the building with a shitload of flights of stairs by the red apartments, had a shitload of snipers also. The sniper on the ATC tower, had slipped away to the building and set up with the two others that got dropped off by the UAZ. It turned out that the third sniper was also their. I took out my binoculars to sight the range and saw that all the snipers were staring directly at me. The next thing i hear are the bullets whizzing at me, bringing me death. CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK. They lit the fucking forest up with AS50 rounds, the trees around my head blew up with huge holes rights through the middle where my head would be. I zig zagged back up the hill while a team of five snipers spammed their mags at me. Apparently, they were loaded with ammo, or they hacked it in since they seemed to be relentless with their firing. I was almost to the top, where i could reach my dirtbike and drive away to safety. First came the drop, my screen started slowing, then came the freezing. My character would freeze, moving at the speed of snail, then teleport up the hill. When my lag died down, i was about 5m away from the top when my legs cracked and gave way as a .50 cal bullet tore through it. I rolled away , as soon as possible, gave myself some morph and ran away. I escaped with 300 blood. Global chatter exploded as the noobs stormed the stairways and took their gear, it was a battle royal for the gear when someone said. I FOUND A FUCKING BUSS! ITS LOADED WITH GUNS AND AMMO. Everybody went crazy and swarmed the bus for gear. I scoped in and shot out the tires as everyone was shouting and singing into their mic as they rode along the MSR in their party bus. I got back on my bike and rode away to my camp near willow lake.

• Like 1

Nice, I can't wait for more!

Also you are probably freezing since you have a laptop.

No its a regualr desktop

Directx : 11

i7 procosscer

8 gigs of ram

1 tb hard drive

GTS 450 NVIDA

dayz also on a ramdisk.

Edited by Mako.

Day 15: * The page is smudged with mud making some of the text unreadable*

--------------------------------------

Upon request, the names have been changed Except for mine, Also i've made this post a little more personal, to make it seem like an actual diary of someone surviving, and yes, i've added some non dayz elements.

* Radio Chatter Channel 1 *

Overlord- Spooky, Do you have eyes on the camp.

Spooky- Negative, I sent Saber, and Zai to scout the perimeter, i'm maintaining overwatch.

Overlord- Spooky, Tell your squadmates to stick closer to the trees, i can see them moving around the camp from 2km away.

Spooky- What are you talking about ? Saber and Zai are nowhere near the camp.

Overlord- Well then whose the 2 people coming up around you.

*Radio Chatter Channel 3 *

Spooky- Where exactly are you guys?

Saber- Er, i say we are about 600m outside the camp, why?

Spooky- Are you or Zai near me?

Zai- No, you told us to scout the perimeter for another squad.

* Broadcast to all squad channels*

Spooky- This is a declaration of a mission gone fucking wrong, i repeat, the raid is off, everyone fucking run, we're spotted, get the fuck out of here guys.

*CRACK CRACK CRACK* *Gunfire Continues for several minutes*

*Thud* *Groans*

*Radio Static*

*Radio Static*

*Radio Static*

*Berrrrcccccczzzzz*

Ah damn it, i had recently found a radio on one of the dead bodies near Green Mountain and it was working fine for a second until it just..... stopped, and all i can hear now is static. Sigh, i sat down on the ground near my campfire and laid back on my dirtbike, i threw the useless radio against the trees, i was really hoping to hear some news from a far and distant broadcasting station talking about how chernaus was quarntined or some old music tunes, automatically set to play on certain channels. I put my pack on my lap and rummaged through it, i took out a hefty steak and put it on my makeshift skew over my fire. I took out my m1911, put a clip in it and put it on the ground next to me, next i took my AS50 rifle out and started to clean it. I blew through the disassembled barrel and swabbed through it with a rag i found in a house's kitchen. I took out a box of 12.7 rounds and reloaded some empty mags. I slapped in a brand new mag into the rifle and heard a satisfying click as i heard the receiver load a round into the chamber. ( A tantalizing aroma drifted from the skew) Yum, dinner time, fresh beef on a stick, my favorite. I took a bite out of the charred meat and savored the flavor, the slightly burnt skin but juicy inside told me i had cooked it to perfection. I set down my meal on a plastic plate and rummaged through my pack to find a Heineken Glass. I thought that in the face of certain death, that it would be nice to live a little bit like before the infections. I took out a can of mountain dew and poured it into the glass, a rare drink in the Russian country, most didn't like it since it did not go well with the vodka or any other spirit unlike pepsi or coke. I lifted the glass into the air and toasted 'ZA VAS' to myself. A rare celebration should be celebrated with the finest meal possible, fresh meat cooked to perfection, and a drink that is like gold in the era of the infected. Today was my birthday, my second since the death came back to life again, i've seen many groups fallen, many friends fallen, and many survivors, die, but not me, i've endured harsh winters, the living dead, and hostile survivors, but yet have lived for two years. I finished my meal fit for a champion and moved a little closer to the fire. I pulled out some spare blankets and huddled up to my bike. Happy birthday i thought to myself as i fell asleep.

*Rustle Rustle*

I reached for my pistol and instinctively scanned the area around me, no wildlife was in this area, only people, or the infected. *Rustle Rustle*

I looked to the left of me and saw a bloodied body crawl out of the brush, 'Please Don't Shoot I'm Out of Ammo', he proceeded to black out. Usually i would place a bullet right in his frontal lobe, not knowing if this was a trap where a far away sniper were to shoot me while i was helping this fellow out, but seeing as i was in a festive mood from my birthday i checked his body to see if he was carrying any ammo, he was quite armed with guns but all the mags were empty and he didn't carry a knife with him, unusual since they were so useful. Being careful of snipers i used the trees as my cover and dragged the body into cover. I bandaged him as well as i could but he suffered some severe blood loss, i didn't have any blood bags because i would need a partner to administer me one, but i've been a lone wolf for the past couple months so i had no need for them. I sat on my log and relit the campfire, i took out some more steaks and skewed them to roast.

I was starting to nibble on the steaks for my breakfast when my new companion started to come too again. He sniffed the aroma of my meal and asked for water. I looked in my pack and took out a half filled canteen, I threw it to him but he was too occupied with the steak i had been cooking. Half way done with the steak he looked up at me sitting on the log by the campfire, with no food. "Oh, im sorry...' he started to begin, i waved him off saying it was fine, game was becoming more popular in the woods where i normally set up camp. He slowed his ravenous consumption of the food and started to look around. " That's a nice rifle you got there'' referring to my AS50, i replied "Yeah, it is, but don't even think about it'' i casually moved my coat back a bit to flash a wide variety of pistols i could shoot him with before he could even grab the rifle. Smiling he said he wouldn't need a rifle to kill me now about to flash his own weapons until he noticed they were gone. 'Don't worry, they're by my bike all cleaned and loaded for you.'' A stunned look appeared and glanced over to my bike, sure enough there they were, his weapons all shiny and mags fully loaded. 'Thanks' was all he could muster and he continued gnawing on the steak's bone.

Yawn, sorry guys its like 3 in the morning, imma continue the story tomorrow

• Like 1