Sign in to follow this  
ApexPredator (DayZ)

Backpack with random loot after login

Date/Time: last ~2 weeks

What happened: Items that were in the Backpack when disconnecting are replaced by random loot, this can be everything from trash to common items, tools (so far only hunting knifes) and very rarely even weapons (just had an AKM in my backpack for the first time). the random items in the backpack never had been in the backpack together during the last session. during my last looting run for example i never had an akm in my backpack, i used an akm during that session but dropped it for another gun i found without it ever being in the backpack.

Where you were: more or less everywhere, usually log out in the woods / trees

What you were doing: log in / log out / looting

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3 (happened on the last 2 patches as well)

*Server(s) you were on: happened on different DE server

*Timeline of events before/after error:

- looting a site (NWAF / Supermarket / Heli Crash Sites)

- walking / driving back to camp (~ 4km - 6km walk at least)

- or taking a break by disconnecting back to lobby

- reconnect

- items in backpack are replaced with random loot

this happens with backpacks i place in my tent as well, had 2 or 3 alice packs with medical supplies and when i took them out of the tent they were full of tin- and empty soda cans.

it looks like this bug has been reported already ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32335 ) but i can't find it in the known bugs section over at the dayz wiki ( http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Known_Bugs ) no clue how up to date that list is tho.

This wasn't in my backpack, but I had this happen yesterday as well. I had two jerry cans and a car tire in my primary inventory. When I logged into another server the car tire had been replaced by another jerry can.

Edited by Bubba Jones