Sign in to follow this  
FrankDaTank1218 (DayZ)

Add in Humvees (unarmed ones)

Not to me, the evacuation forces blew up every Humvee that they couldn't get out of Chenarus to stop survivors or bandits using them.

Me too, a bit more then just civillian cars would be nice. I mean all the military weapons, military bases, so on and so forth. Not having military vehicles is just awkward. Maybe one apc per server even, or a few humvees. Make them rare, and useful, not a few bullets into the engine block from shit barn weapons and its done.

I would actually like to have also some tank available (maybe only T-34), however, it should be:

1)extremly rare

2)extremly difficult to repair

3)out of ammo (however you would be able to loot shells for cannon, but able to carry only one at a time).

It might provide some end-game challenge for people that already have everything.

Before you guys start talking about Tanks and APCs, perhaps you guys should think about how it would affect gameplay first? Just suggesting something because you think it's cool is dumb. No offense. Any heavily armed and armored vehicle would just be bad.

An unarmed humvee would be fine, but since this is a post-soviet state area, perhaps some Military UAZs or Military Trucks with some russian ammunition and things in them and such would be good.

Before you guys start talking about Tanks and APCs, perhaps you guys should think about how it would affect gameplay first? Just suggesting something because you think it's cool is dumb. No offense. Any heavily armed and armored vehicle would just be bad.

An unarmed humvee would be fine, but since this is a post-soviet state area, perhaps some Military UAZs or Military Trucks with some russian ammunition and things in them and such would be good.

Specifically T-34 tank would posses almost no threat for other players, because its loud and very easy to spot, therefore its quite easy to avoid it. It also consumes large amounts of fuel, so in the end it would be just static masterpiece in collection of some vehicle hoarder :)

Considering a .50 caliber M2 AP round will penetrate 25.4mm of armour plate ( at 200m ) and the armour surrounding the T34's engine is 45mm thick it would be OP and could not be stopped by conventional weapons. unless you had the AT launcher, which is very hard to find.

so tanks are a no no. :)

Edited by Standin
  • Like 1

Considering a .50 caliber M2 AP round will penetrate 25.4mm of armour plate ( at 200m ) and the armour surrounding the T34's engine is 45mm thick it would be OP and could not be stopped by conventional weapons. unless you had the AT launcher, which is very hard to find.

so tanks are a no no. :)

But i like tanks :(