Winterborn

New item: NOTES :D

We'll again I don't know if this has come up before... checked the forum so.

OK, so here we go:

Imagine, you come across a tent.

You check it for loot and you find yourself in need of a blood bag.

Now here it comes, how cool would it be that you would be able to leave a note in the tent and leave a message like: “Borrowed a blood bag, left a can of beans for you” or “If I were you, I’d get the f*ck out of here because I’m camping out here now”

I personally think it would be a fun feature to the game; maybe it can be acquired after finding an item like, a notebook? Or something alike.

What do you guys think about this? I’d like some feedback on this and if some players like this maybe we can get Rocket’s attention on this because I’d really like to see this in the game :D

ADDED: Messageboard in or around cities that can be used to put up notes, like bounties and warnings for example! -idea thanks to Hulahuga!

Thanks!

---------EDIT------------

Ok it seems like this idea has come up before in the idea of:

chalk http://dayzmod.com/f...ther-survivors/

messages http://dayzmod.com/f...leave-messages/

but in this way people would just be polluting the world in my opinion.

With a notebook it would be limited to the ability to create a "note" as a item that can be dropped in tents or vehicles. And to read it you'd have to put it in you inventory, right click and "read note".

Like I said, i'd like to see this ingame though I have no Idea of how hard such a feature could be to implement.

Edited by Winterborn
  • Like 16

Last time I found a tent and looted it, I did leave a note. It was in the form of the hedgehog I took out of the tent and placed directly in front of it.

But, yea, I like this idea.

• Like 1

That'd be a fun idea. I support this.

• Like 1

Last time I found a tent and looted it, I did leave a note. It was in the form of the hedgehog I took out of the tent and placed directly in front of it.

But, yea, I like this idea.

Yeah it's awesome to leave a message and that is one way to do it! But a note would be SO awesome, just thinking about the look of the player's face that finds out that somebody was there by reading your note :P

• Like 1

Yeah, and message boards in the city could be added too :) (think bounties and whatnot, just whatever we want to create :))

• Like 2

Yeah, and message boards in the city could be added too :) (think bounties and whatnot, just whatever we want to create :))

OMG you'r a genius! That would be awesome, a messageboard, in cities where indeed players would be able to put the notes on a messageboard. That way we could leave a message in a city without polluting the world. That would work awesome with the notebook :D

Although still, bandits might camp messageboards... but hey bandits camp everthing so! +1 for paranoia!

Edited by Winterborn
  • Like 1

Yeah it's awesome to leave a message and that is one way to do it! But a note would be SO awesome, just thinking about the look of the player's face that finds out that somebody was there by reading your note :P

Ah, man. I love that thought. It'd be like this: :o only about a million times better.

• Like 1

OMG you'r a genius! That would be awesome, a messageboard, in cities where indeed players would be able to put the notes on a messageboard. That way we could leave a message in a city without polluting the world. That would work awesome with the notebook :D

Although still, bandits might camp messageboards... but hey bandits camp everthing so! +1 for paranoia!

Yeah, loads of possibilites. You should edit your OP post ;)

Sounds like a brilliant idea! Its really small stuff like this, that would make games even more fun to play!

• Like 1

I agree with darkanima that perhaps a "messageboard" in a city full of zombies would be a rather unorthodox way of undertaking the concept of "leaving messages" but perhaps a different way of approaching this would be the concept of adding chalk to the game that would be in your toolbelt, and when you wanted to, you would be able to select a spot anywhere in the world and "write" a message.

The texture for chalk writing at first would be small and look like a bunch of white scribbles, but when your character approaches it and reads it, a small text box appears with the author's message. This way the chalk texture is readily recognizable to players and easier to code for Rocket but serves the same purpose.

Due to the survivalistic nature of the game, this would eventually evolve into the modern day hobo symbols language that alerts fellow hobos of certain handouts and cautions like so:

2218491571_2b87303710.jpg

Edited by JD_274

I thought about this too. Means you could also collect more misc crap like colour pens. Although the inventory system might need reworking for this.

hell yeah in a full infested city of zombies who the hell would add a messageboard? sounds realistic

i think people might, but i think meeting people would need to be such a rarity/benefit that the risk would be worth it. But you know people would get lonely in these situations they may just de desperate enough anyway

*edit

forgot tosay i really like the idea of notes of some sort

Edited by Evertos

omg! then hopefully we can add coloring books! and crayons...and water paints so we can color all of the things! ...sounds horrible...and maybe Rocket will add make-up so we can play dress up with the Zambies?! Go play Mario Paint :)

omg! then hopefully we can add coloring books! and crayons...and water paints so we can color all of the things! ...sounds horrible...and maybe Rocket will add make-up so we can play dress up with the Zambies?! Go play Mario Paint :)

But how is it "horrible"? Perhaps his initial idea is rough around the edges but the central concept has potential, all you seem to be doing is insulting him for no reason.

Well anywayz, thanks for the comments so far!

I'dd still prefer a notebook over chalk, the messageboard isn't needed to use the notebook. In the first instance i'd use the notes just to leave a message in tents and cars, places where you are pretty sure of that other players will read it sooner or later.

Well I'd like both things :). The message board would just be a place to stick them :)

• Like 1

use the searrchhhhhhh

I used the search didn't find anything, after I created this topic and added the tags I saw there were others, I'm sorry. But if you might have actually red my topic you would have seen that I did found others and I mentioned them. I'll even add the link of them in this topic just for you and if I could I would merge them... So thanks for your comment and next time try to post something usefull, cause I have a feeling that probably 75% of the post you make are just "use the search"

Well I'd like both things :). The message board would just be a place to stick them :)

Yeah indeed the message board would just be a place to stick them, I was just pointing out that the message board isn't necessarily needed to use the notes.

But still damn I love the idea of a message board in cities or mabye at the entrance of the city, like the back of the traffic boards that can be used to pin up notes.

:D

But how is it "horrible"? Perhaps his initial idea is rough around the edges but the central concept has potential, all you seem to be doing is insulting him for no reason.

I meant to Quote Scavenger on that post lol, when he was talking about adding color pens
  • Like 1